constant CTD in specific areas

PachaK

Ok, so let me just make sure I understand what you're telling me to do; I apologize if I don't and it gets frustrating: Remove everything from my inventory, place it in a safe place such as my Megaton home, leave, (save?), kill myself, and then go back and retrieve all my stuff?

Don't (retrieve) Leave it and test your game play. the whole point of all of this is to determine IF there is an object malformed in the games software, one or many mods, or the data for a particular mod.

I can not help you if we do not know what is the cause first. This is about finding out that cause. Chicken or the egg, which came first?

If the crashing subsides? then we know it's an item you have been carrying around with you. Understand?

For example A simple key, labeled as a quest item such as the megaton house key. If you cheat the game, console a key and then don't use that key, some how get-side tracked, and then disarm the Bomb, Lucas Smith gives you a deed to that house......And that key....Now you have two keys. of these , they can not be removed from inventory. when you enter the house, that is a game trigger. Home central. If you blow up megaton?, then that key is useless and the script will drop off.

the game will freeze when you carry two of a quest item your not supposed to have. it takes time but it does show up. Because you can't remove the items due to being a quested item. your basically stuck.

A mod author or experienced gamer can use fo3edit to remove the quest persistent tag on that key, load the game back up, and simply get rid of the key, Store it or throw it away on the ground and leave that cell.

when you leave the cell, any Illegal items thus removed will not be there when you return unless you used it once. if never used? it's gone baby. So is the bug that causes that particular crash / freeze bug.

A mod, Adobe Realm Home CVE has a ring, a slave collar, the key to the teleport item. if I cheat and put one in inventory on game start up and still go to the hidden rock to get the original, when I telleport <---Google fix your spelling thing. into the house, it will just stall the whole PC, I mean just lock it right the heck up.

So do as I requested to find out whats wrong. Don't guess at it, don't assume any thing because no one knows whats wrong with out testing things out.

EDIT: Why is it Fire fox, Google chrome, and a host of other browsers don't have a complete library? Tell- a - port. what is so hard about that.

kitty.

It won't let me save in Megaton now, either. So I just placed everything (that I could) from my inventory into a file-cabinet in the factory, went back outside, saved, killed myself, respawned, and went down the same road. It still crashed, but I got a lot farther before it did. Normally, it would crash before I could got past a certain ruined car in the road. The first time, I just removed the armor I got from near Rivet City, and I got a lot farther, but it still crashed. When I removed everything from my inventory, it still crashed in the same vicinity as when I only dropped the armor, so I think that if it is something from my inventory, it's a quest item. If I had to guess, I'd say the Deathclaw control scrambler from Broken Steel. Before I came here to the Nexus Forums, I looked around on the internet, and discovered that some other people had the same problem near Rivet City, and it only occurred after the quest was over. I've finished the quest, but the control scrambler remains a quest-item and thus, I can't drop it. I, too, didn't have these problems before I got the scrambler. So is there a way I can remove it with the console or a mod?

I just removed the armor I got from near Rivet City, and I got a lot farther

So is there a way I can remove it with the console or a mod?

Yes, there sure is. load up your plugins into FO3Edit 3.0.15 Not 31 ,why? because you need to see what is ignored by the new version of Edit, the old version does not ignore errors.

Find that object by clicking on fallout's maser file, look across the right side of the pane and see the changed data in broken steels plugin. click the ref tab at the bottom of the right side screen. click on Broken steel's ref for that item. make sure that is the item, at the top, you will see the Quest persistent settings, edit that , a window will open up. unchecked the persistent Quest tag. save the master file.

Now, this is inappropriate editing, the normal way we fix things is to convert the master to an esp and then edit it, but if you back up that master copy, there is no harm in an attempt to clarify the bug issue.

to make an over write for this bug, for an unedited master file, on the left side of edit, right click the items string, select deep copy to new file, name your file and exit edit, Tick it in Fomm or nmm , which ever you use, and re-run fo3 edit again. browse down to that new plugin and click it, now you need to add ref's to it from what ever is effecting it, tes4 will pop up a window showing whats touching the data and you can now fix it. save the file and run the game. this will override the master file and remove said bug from the game play. it's still there, not going any where, unless you rebuild your master from the ground up. it's a lot to consider.

Deathclaw control scrambler from Broken Steel.

yeah, makes sense, it's reaching out into each cell you enter scanning for Deathclaws. you enter cells that contain or never will contain such things can cause a problem. If you have a monster mod installed? that might fix it too, give the device something to grab onto instead of No data. some times giving it what it wants helps the game relax. I think the DLc is appropriately named. Broken.

kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

Ok, I used the console to remove the scrambler, but it still crashes. As for the FO3Edit stuff, I don't see changed data in the broken steel plugin (it's probably there, but I don't know what to look for) and I don't see a ref tab.

Ok, I used the console to remove the scrambler, but it still crashes. As for the FO3Edit stuff, I don't see changed data in the broken steel plugin (it's probably there, but I don't know what to look for) and I don't see a ref tab.

When the kids are asleep, I'll sit down,.fire up the game machine and make you a patch that shoud work. as for continued crashing, once the patch is installed, load the saved game at the robot factory with all data in inventory, check the patch function there under these circomstances. If the item is allowed to be removed ,still dump all gear and leave the cell. In order to locate where the infection of that savd game came from. It can be another item or object you came into contact with while in posession of the scrambler, For instance, Just out side Dukov's building, ther e is a deathclaw with an Enclave mind control device. the scarmabler is given to you by the lady of Broken steel, a red headed gal. But, you may have killed that eath claw before hand, or it is still active.

hmm, cast a fishing line out into the water and the water is flowing , does that line remain stationary ? ah no, it moves. The player is an active source in the game, IT/ he or she has an Emense Field being projected outwards, it's like a giant invisible circle. Up close, the player is an Avatar, it is a rectangular shaped box but you don't see this. the more stuff you carry, each item has these boxes all piled on top of that players box. To see this in real time, you would not recognise the game. My spell checker is off so I know there a lot of mistakes. read past that please. iwill or some one will post an image of the point for FO3edit in regaurds to this point here.

be back in a while.

kitty.

I tried the patch. With it at the top and bottom of my load order, it still crashed. Thank you very much for taking the time to do that, anyway. You said not to leave out small details, so I'll let you know that I tried it on the save after I'd removed the scrambler via the console. Also, there are some other items added by mods that I can't remove (most, if not all of them are just menu activators and what-not): FWE Control Panel, MMM Control Panel, Triage, CASM Options menu, Gun oil, and Bullet TIme device. Things like that which I can remove are Command Headset and Bullet Time activator. As far as the patch, did I do something wrong?

no, you did the right thing so were you able to remove the scrambler from inventory?

Package up Ultra compresion 7z that last saved game, upload it to 2shared.com and post the link here for me to download and inspect the data in it. it's my last avenue to help you out. what ever is in it, i'll find it.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me