constant CTD in specific areas

PachaK

I only use nmm, fomm (for mods I can't install with nmm), and occasionally fo3edit. That's it.

Also, I did what you said and tried to use an old save...I had to go back so far that I was where I'd just discovered Rivet City. It loaded (No other saves in/near Rivet City would load, just crash on the load-screen), but then I went to the camp added by the scavenger armors mod, where I hadn't yet gone in that save, and talked to the merchant. After I did, the game crashed. So, I think it's probably that mod that's causing the crashes. Unfortunately, I realized this AFTER deleting about 20 hours worth of saves, trying to clean up the game a little. If I just uninstalled the mod and did a clean save, would that fix it, and if so, how can I get my saves back? I searched "save" in the start menu, and found my recent save, but it's still deleted from the game. So, if uninstalling Scavanger armors does fix it, is there a way to get my game back?

do not delete things, always move them out.

I do not use nmm at all because it is an automated influence in the programing I do. Uncontrollable.

Fomm is to a point.

user use of the machine is 100% controllable, your saved game were controlled by nmm, ? if so, roll back your operating system to last week and it all should be there, including your old saved games. IF NOT?

I would if I were you to choose a better way to control your data. the best Advice I can offer is never delete things, move them to a safe place.

kitty

Ok, apparently it's not hopeless...I uninstalled all the mods that aren't absolutely necessary to my enjoyment of the game, ran boss, did a clean save, and not it's fine. I still lost 20 hours, but at least I don't have to completely start over. I'll check back if I still have problems.

Ok, apparently it's not hopeless...I uninstalled all the mods that aren't absolutely necessary to my enjoyment of the game, ran boss, did a clean save, and not it's fine. I still lost 20 hours, but at least I don't have to completely start over. I'll check back if I still have problems.

Acknowledged.

kitty