British Rage

devinpatterson

Remember the British bandits (guess they were called the wasted) in Rage (which despite some problems I thought the game was awesome)?

Here's some pics to jog your memory;

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/RAGE.jpg

http://glacier928.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/rage-gameplay.jpg

I always got a kick out of them and I was thinking it would be cool to have them in fallout. Had a bit of a backstory too. Before the war, in an attempt to increase their audience overseas, several European rugby teams toured the U.S. In conjunction with the US rugby league they had several demonstration games in the larger cities.

Just before the bombs dropped the European teams were gathered at a major CA airport that wasn't a primary target of the Chinese nukes. Or alternately were finishing up a bit of training away from the city. After the bombs fell you essentially had some rough and tumble types in excellent physical shape, that banded together to survive.

Through their excellent genetics and training they survived and more than held their own. Developing into a tribe in their own right. However as the NCR began to pacify southern CA, the Brits (or the wasted) were pushed further and further east, with some inhabiting the Mojave.

One could do the same thing with a US football team and in some ways it would be even easier since we have a bit of football gear from the legion. And depending on which NFL team one picked, they'd already have substantial melee weapons and guns skills :wink: But I think the wasted/brits would have a lot more character.

I know we have a lot of British gamers and I bet we could get a few to do some cockney voices.

Any interests?

That is quite an interesting concept...I love it! xD I thought rage was awesome to. Hmm I'd say it's very possibly to add them to the game.

Create a new faction

Home/land for them

Set them as random spawns

Have a quest drawing the player to them

Have a leader for them who you have to kill or befriend

All in all great ideas! :) If any one else comes together to do this I can do some texturing and geck work for you!

That is quite an interesting concept...I love it! xD I thought rage was awesome to.

I think it'd be lot of fun, loved them in Rage.

Hmm I'd say it's very possibly to add them to the game.

Yeah we just need to create a custom race and some new textures. The textures will be very easy. We rough up a UK map a bit with broader strokes to make it look more like finger paint and then use gimps transparency function to layer it over the normal NPC or the raider texture. Then merge the layers and wa-lah :smile: Maybe a bit of detail work, but all in all, pretty easy.

Home/land for them

I was thinking if we use the backstory I mentioned they could just now be filtering into the mojave (leaving the "repressive" NCR lands for the relatively freer Mojave as they slowly migrate east). There is some info on the rage wiki about the wasted clan. They love cars so a garage/gas station or junkyard might be a natural spot for them. Heck NV could use a big junkyard like the one in FO3 anyway.

I was also thinking of adding a few related elements;

* I like the rage elevated machingun nests and I think I could make the same in fallout wiht a bit of work in blender. Then navmesh a little square in teh elevated machinegun nest and pin the actor to that xmarker.

*Add some wasted clan women. I think it would be a cool visual to have some with red, white and blue hair.

*I think we could make a buggy/car racing around outside of their head quarters. I can't pull off mounted weapons, but I think I could have a rider blasing with a firearm.

All in all great ideas! :smile: If any one else comes together to do this I can do some texturing and geck work for you!

Sounds great, I kind of have a lot of projects and requests going, so any help is appreciated (whether story or assets/resources).

HAH! A Roving "British" (since they would've been living as a tribe in the US for some time now) Raider tribe. That's pretty good.

A few ideas come to mind:

- Obviously they need to have a pair of twin brother toughs named "Bangers" & "Mash" that travel together. One's quiet - Mash - one talks all the time - Bangers.

- They need to have croquet mallets (weaker sledgehammer, repaired with other wooden weapons) and Cricket paddles (equal to baseball bat) as melee weapons. Absolute MUST to be truly british.

- Once per day in their script, they have to have tea time, where all tribes men gather in a common room and sandbox so and use a drink animation. Ideally a custom one with tea cup replacing a nuka cola bottle or something. At this time they act overly cultured. Disrupting tea time (their most sacred ritual) causes the entire tribe to aggro to the player.

- When aggro'd they scream "U WOT M8?!" Since they are Britbongs : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=britbong

- They're ruled by "The Queen" the only actually british person and from the original rugby team among them, since it's a female ghoul and they're quasi immortal. She's heavily protected.

- Tribe heavy is Big Ben, and he is BIG. Lanius Big. Though with weaker armor so as to not overstep how awesome Lanius is.

- On second thought . . . what if Big Ben is a Super Mutant? One long ago rehabilitated by the Queen. He wears a big broken clock face on his chest as part of his armor set.

- Ones that aren't British Punked out with spikey hair or mohawks, need to be wearing the quintissential british hat: the Bowler. Big Ben has to have a bowler hat on.

Anyway, those are some random thoughts to add on.