Coding for new enchantment vibrant glow effects

MRYUCK

Okay, I tried doing this before for Oblivion. Unfortunately, I lost interest since I already had a working glow mod out, it wasn't working real well, and it just wasn't worth it with Skyrim coming out.

Well, now Skyrim is out! Now I'm vying to make this mod a reality.

What is it I want to do: I need a code that checks the weapon/armor to see if it has an enchantment. If it does, the code would tell the game to add text to the end of the mesh file "_glow." It will check to make sure the file actually exists, and if it does, it will switch what nif mesh the weapon/armor will use to the one with _glow at the end of it. Such mesh will have it's Alpha Channel all the way up.

If it doesn't have an enchantment, or if the mesh with _glow at the end of it doesn't exist, it will use the default mesh without the Alpha channel all the way up so the glow map does not show up.

The effect: All enchanted equipment will have a dynamic glow that will enhance the look of enchanted equipment, while keeping non enchanted equipment looking pretty average. It will help improve immersion by making you actualy feel like you've infused your equipment with magic.

I've done glow maps before. I have this mod called "Vibrant Glowing Armor" for Oblivion. It replaces stock equipment textures with new glow maps that give them a unique glow style depending on their importance.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/33951/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D33951%26preview%3D&pUp=1

It's not all that involved, there's no coding or dynamics with it. This time around, I really want the glow maps to have a purpose and really improve your skyrim experience.

Edit: Alright, I've clarified exacly how I'd like to see this code work. Check the "What is it I want to do" line for the clarification.

Edited by MRYUCK