My Skyrim is ruined as soon as I install ENB

Bobcat47

I have been modding for some years now and I can run the game perfectly with a buttload of mods, but as soon as I install anything ENB related it slows my Skyrim launch time down to almost a minute, and it crashes almost immediately as I step outside in-game, it never did this before ENB v0.246, The PC im playing on is brand spanking new, but my other ones do this as well, so it has to be on my side, but I simply cannot identify the problem.

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition 4.0GHz

GPU: Radeon R9 290X 4GB

RAM: 16GB

I have tried everything, following the installation steps, fresh Skyrim installation, SKSE, updating my drivers, disabling stuff in my drivers, performance enhancing mods, tweaking my INI files to hell... EVERYTHING.

So if you know anything that might be the cause of this problem, please do help me!

Also, if this doesn't go under this category, I do apologize.

Edited by Bobcat47

it never did this before ENB v0.246, The PC im playing on is brand spanking new, but my other ones do this as well, so it has to be on my side

Or, more logically, it is to do with ENB 0.246 and the way it is installed and configured.

I do not use ENB, but I'd check your config files like enblocal are correct since you installed that version. If you cannot fix it, I'd uninstall it.

I'd also use the latest SKSE for the memory allocation patch.

~

Hey, thanks for replying.

I initially thought it had something to do with 0.246 but I couldn't find anyone else with the same problem as me, so I figured it would be something I was doing wrong.

But the thing is, it is not just 0.246, it is also everything above, 0.250 does it as well.

As for my enblocal, I just used a utility that was linked on the Phinix Natural ENB mod page.

I found the problem! Apparently I had a small incompatibility with a program that I have been using over the last couple of days.

I feel really dumb now... Oh well!