Mods aren't loading

TacetJack

Hey everyone,

So I've been having blast with the Skyrim mods. They really improve the experience. However, as of yesterday, SKSE stopped loading. So I re-installed SKSE and tried to it, which worked. However, none of my nexus mods are loading. I've tried re-installing NMM, running SKSE from NMM, the Skyrim folder, and the desktop shortcut, and neither have worked. I will say that I did some registry repairs yesterday and that might have affected it, but restoring didn't seem to cause any changes. Anyways, I'm clueless right now, and if someone has any suggestions for they would be greatly appreciated.

Ouch! Registry changes. :psyduck:

Without knowing exactly what and why you made changes to the registry - no one can tell you. Then trying to reinstall on top of that - made more registry changes.

1, Get the base game working first with no mods and no SKSE - run the steam verify game cache to make sure nothing is missing or corrupt in the base game. Be sure to run using the steam launcher and not through NMM

2. Test with a new game - make sure it works before adding any mods

3. Now install SKSE but use the manual installation to be sure the files get placed in the proper place. (basically just copy paste a few files)

4. Add ONE mod that requires SKSE and test with that one, using the SKSE launcher.

5. Now start with NMM.