Cart Intro Flipping?

jedgej

I have seen this problem over and over and over - It is caused by MOD scripts conflicting with vanilla game scripts during the Helgen sequence - The entire Helgen sequence until you exit the cave is an intro and tutorial. It is heavily scripted and jumps back and forth between movie type scenes and action sequences. You actually have almost no real choices during the action sequences - all you can do is follow the script. - it is handled a bit different that the real game that actually starts after you exit the cave. Nearly all of the Helgen into/tutorial scripts end when you exit the cave. Very few mods do anything at all during that sequence so if they are not doing anything - why not just disable them to prevent these wacky problems? It is those that do try to do things that conflict anyway. Mods that don't run scripts don't cause problems. - so you can pretty up your PC if you want. Although custom races may cause some problems.

This is an overreaction, tbh. The only mod I've ever had problems with during any of the Helgen sequence(s) is Realistic Ragdolls and Force, which threw Lokir from the cart before the title card faded and sent all the carts rolling down the road in front of their horses. And even then it was simply a conflict with another mod, I'm sure, because I've used it since without such issues.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the only one you have had a problem with. I have seen many posts with other scripted mods and various things happening during the intro - from the cart flipping, horse going off the trail, horse trying to climb the wall, freezing during the beheading, freezing when the dragon shows, Not getting out of the cart, freezing when the dragon knocks a hole in the wall, Not cutting the PC's tied hands, and general CTDs - It's going to vary depending on the various mods and which scripts are running at the time. And not everyone is going to have it happen at all. But when the solution is so simple - why not just disable the mods until you finish that intro part. :thumbsup:

And Make a save when you exit the cave before activating any mods - that might save you from having to go through the intro all over again. :cool:

I installed a mod that added a new dragon type (storm dragon) to my game, and one just decided to attack Helgen, before we'd even made it there, so it borked the game. I had to disable it until after I had completed Helgen. The reason was the cart kept getting knocked over, which threw everybody (even killed me on a throw once.)

Other than that, I use RRAF - Realistic, and I have not had any issues with this, but I will keep trying, and see if I can't duplicate it somehow.

cap your fps limit.

if your game is crapping itself so early in the game maybe remove some script intensive mods...it's only going to get worse :wink:

That is one thing that can cause the issue, but I stopped disabling VSYNC for Skyrim ages ago, this crazy cart syndrome is caused by other (less understood) things as well. All I can say is this:

I can now have ALL 200 of my mods enabled at the beginning of the game without my cart going whack mode by using the linked "mesh fix" mod. Additionally, I find I have other issues later in game if I enable something as far reaching as IAv7 after the game has started...

Also if it is altering collision values on one NIF file, it's not readily apparent to the player character.

If I had to choose between the prisoner cart flipping around at the start of every new game or an attacking random wolf that lunges, misses and passes through a moving cart (which I don't use moving carts in the game except for the prisoner scene) -I shall take the no crazy cart option.

Edited by Kuldebar

• 5 weeks later...

TouringCarriages SOS and Many Other Mods Compatibility Patch by UniqueOne

Fixed the Prisoner Cart issue for me. I always ran with vsync enabled and never edited iPresentInterval...learned the hard way about the bad tips circulating when the game was new. Anyway, the crazy cart has other causes.

I had the problem after Immersive Armors V7 came out. It didn't always get this bad but it was a hell of a ride:

http://i.imgur.com/5kR3bFh.jpg

Does one require touring carriages for that? I just uninstalled it due to pathing conflicts.

The intro has major problems with some mods. Just disable all mods until after you exit the cave - you can't do anything besides follow the script until then anyway. So your mods are not doing anything. Appearance mods will work though.

• 4 weeks later...

The intro has major problems with some mods. Just disable all mods until after you exit the cave - you can't do anything besides follow the script until then anyway. So your mods are not doing anything. Appearance mods will work though.

I get this error with a fresh install and no addons at all.

Im drawing blanks here. Call me silly, but i really don´t feel like starting a new game and spend hours and hours and the first thing i am welcomed with is a spinning horse wagon.

Many seem to have fixed this with either a fresh install or to enable v-sync, but neither worked for me. Dont know what to try next really.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem, but I've narrowed it down to the interaction between 3 mods: Immersive Armors (7.1), Schlongs of Skyrim (2.04.010), and the way they both interact with SkyUI (4.1). By themselves, they don't cause a problem, but as soon as I activate SkyUI, I get "crazy horse cart" at the beginning. Has anyone heard of a workaround or update that might fix this? I can use all of my other mods except IA without this occurring (load order shown below).

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
ApachiiHairMales.esm=0
AzarHair.esm=0
ApachiiHair.esm=0
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=0
Night Eye Overhaul.esm=0
RaceCompatibility.esm=0
HighResTexturePack01.esp=0
HighResTexturePack02.esp=0
HighResTexturePack03.esp=0
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=0
Cutting Room Floor.esp=0
Daedric Dawnbreaker.esp=0
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=0
NightingaleArrows.esp=0
RangerArmor.esp=0
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=0
Darker_Caves_Dungeons_Ruins_Nights.esp=0
Lore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.esp=0
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=0
AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp=0
Ashley.esp=0
LeftHandRings - Enchanted.esp=0
APU_Automatic Perk Unlocking.esp=0
BS-TheHag_WarPaints.esp=0
Isharas_KeyRing.esp=0
BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp=0
mikeysmodssk.esp=0
CharGen Morphs.esp=0
calyps-bosmer.esp=0
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp=0
ImprovedCraftableLockpicks.esp=0
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=0
MidnightBreed.esp=0
LukasDetectLife.esp=0
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp=1
Crafting300.esp=0
bonemoldweapons.esp=0
DawnguardArmorExpanded.esp=0
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=0
Thieves Guild - VexandTonilia.esp=0
Beards.esp=0
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp=0
ForgottenSettlements.esp=0
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
JiubQuestMarkers.esp=0
JK Crafting Breakdown.esp=0
LeftHandRings.esp=0
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp=0
BetterHunting2.esp=0
LFG_MageTeachers.esp=0
Krb_FabulousFactionCrafting.esp=0
MammothLoot.esp=0
Night Eye Overhaul.esp=0
MarkarthReachExpEnv-Part1-Compatible.esp=0
MountainCitys.esp=0
Books of Skyrim.esp=0
Lore Weapon Expansion - Relics of the Crusader.esp=0
Complete Solitude.esp=0
Coins of Tamriel.esp=0
crimsonquestmarkers.esp=0
LocalizedGuildJobs.esp=0
Coins of Tamriel Dawnguard..esp=0
Coins of Tamriel Hearthfire.esp=0
NEO Brighter Default 200.esp=0
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0
mwCraftableCirclets.esp=0
RaceMenu.esp=0
Revamped Crossbows - Enhanced Patch.esp=0
Seven Slots for Enchanting vanilla.esp=0
SkyUI.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=0
Customizable Camera.esp=0
Soul Trap Redone.esp=0
WHITEX.esp=0
thieves guild.esp=0
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
1nivWICCloaks.esp=0
Solstheim - The Lost Levels.esp=0
Coins of Tamriel Dragonborn.esp=0
DawnofWindhelm.esp=0
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
EnhancedEbonyCrafting.esp=0
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp=0
Immersive Weapons.esp=0
CrossbowsRevamped.esp=0
Larceny - Pickpocketing Remastered.esp=0
WHITEX-Ghostfix.esp=0
SuperbSerana.esp=0
Realistic Teeth Dawnguard Serana Vampire Fix.esp=0
The Rings of Guardian Stones.esp=0
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp=0
ThievesGuildReq_LocalizedGuildJobs_Patch.esp=0
When Vampires Attack.esp=0
Whiterun Repaired Plus.esp=0
DawnofRiften.esp=0
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp=0
aRiverwoodTower.esp=0
Circlet with Helms.esp=0
RavenNest.esp=0
aRiverwoodTunnels.esp=0
BetterBreezhomeLighting.esp=0
oakwood.esp=0
NoxUE2.00.esp=0
betterrings.esp=0
LOLICEPT_LittleTinyLiving.esp=0
Advanced Mining.esp=0
DSpSoB.esp=0
BoundArrows.esp=0
HousecarlWhiterun.esp=0
VagabondArmor.esp=0
Calerial.esp=0
LeatherBound Huntress Armor.esp=0
wizDynamicThings.esp=0

Note: I've gone through with TESVEdit and LOOT and cleaned everything up/properly placed.

I get this error with a fresh install and no addons at all.

Im drawing blanks here. Call me silly, but i really don´t feel like starting a new game and spend hours and hours and the first thing i am welcomed with is a spinning horse wagon.

:huh: This is the very beginning of Skyrim. NOT after any hours and hours. More like a minute or two into the intro for the game. As already said, you cannot do anything here - NOTHING at all, you are just here for the ride. The real game doesn't even start until you exit the cave after the Escape from Helgen sequence. Until then the game leads you by the nose through a series of heavily scripted sequences that you really have no control over. Having a lot of mods during this intro can and does cause many problems - Just don't have any mods active until after you complete the escape and exit the cave - Then activate your mods. PLEASE make a save at that point before adding any mods - it will save you from trying to repeat the intro later. :thumbsup: It really doesn't matter which faction you follow to get out of Helgen - The game doesn't care and you can join either faction - or not - later as you please.