Cart Intro Flipping?

jedgej

I've been encountering the same issue and honestly so far the un-install re-install has been the only solution displayed. (Besides a mod that skips the sequence entirely), honestly the laziness in me CBA to literally go through all these mods again un-install them (Some of which i've been told are a no-no to uninstall), then re-install and having to go through menus etc etc. Or am I a total noob and disabling is just unchecking their plugins momentarily.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patri0tix, the answer to your question is yes. By un-checking the plugin for a mod, you disable its effects in-game. so you do not have to do a total uninstall/delete (or "wipe", as I also call the process). What I've found that works for me, and others have suggested, is to disable all but my character generation mods (hair packs, ethereal elven overhaul, Realistic teeth, RaceMenu, et al) I avoid the chaos at the beginning, and since the game autosaves right after character generation, you can exit to desktop, enable your mods, and proceed as normal.

• 4 weeks later...

I unchecked a few mods in Wyre Bash, and rebuilt the patch and that got me into Helgen. However if I reload the auto save on entering the keep I just bounce lightly on the spot unable to move. but real saves load OK. That said I am heavy modded so. I further suspect that since I didn't re-run finis that's why it screwed up.

Just FYI

• 5 months later...

Caused by certain mods running scripts - disable all of your mods until after you finish the Helgen intro and exit the cave.

Thanks Bben. It happens intermittantly for me and I have been trying to figure out what's causing it.

Now I know, and I now know how to fix it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!!! i just took like, two hours to weed out the problem, i just wanted to let you all know, that "race compatibility uskp override" also causes the flipping cart intro! just disable it until you are out of helgen!

Also wanted to say for the record a couple things for the benefit of all skyrim kind!

number one: if you are like me, and boss doesn't do exactly what you'd like, take the time to organize your mods by hand.

once you have done this, type "app data" into the windows "Run" tool, copy the 'plugins' text file to another secure location, and then mess with your load order as necessary. when you find the mod which caused an issue, copy and replace the plugins backup into the "app data" folder, and VIOLA!!! your load order is the same pristine glorious thing you had always intended it to be! this also allows you to avoid corrupting saves with load order issues late game.

Personally, i like to alphabetize my weapon and misc. mods to make them easier to find. i also use a combination of Requiem and SKYRE, hunterborn, RN&D and frostfall, so i tend to keep them at the bottom to avoid mod conflicts.

(activating the ones you want then closing the data files window in the skyrim launcher automatically places inactive mods below active ones, i find this makes it very easy to organize mod order manually.)

the rest is only semi related to this thread, my appologies, i just think more people should know about this.

number two and three; SSME http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/? and Safety Load http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/? will DRASTICALLY IMPROVE your skyrim's stability. seriously, i used to experience no less than ten CTD's and ILS's per hour. I never crash or have an ILS anymore. EVEN IF you have SKSE, GET THESE MODS. they wont fix the flipping cart, that's a mod conflict, but if you experience frequent CTDs or ILS these are must haves.

Hope this helped!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of the stubborn people in this community and I have certain mods that say to keep them on even during the intro sequence. For people having this problem, just keep restarting. It will eventually let you get through the cart sequence, and from there on you shouldn't, and I mean that in the "I personally haven't had any problems after that" way, have anymore problems.

P.S. Use this command to quick restart the entire game, without the " of course. I've found this to be the easiest way to get the intro to not be broken as many times. Open the command console, for those that don't know it's the key to the left of the 1 above your letters, and type "qqq" and hit enter to close Skyrim entirely, then just open it again. I find this to be the faster way rather than wait for the game to exit and reload the main title.

OR, if you just disable your mods until after you exit the cave - you can just play the game. What were you going to do with those mods? Kill the dragon? Escape from the guards? Rescue the prisoners? It's all part of a cut scene, kind of like watching a movie. You really have no options besides those Beth gave you. You are being led through a introduction and tutorial. Your hands are tied (literally at first) You must follow the script as it unfolds until you exit the cave. You cannot do anything mod related until you exit the cave without causing some kind of problem.

As for immersion. What kind of immersion do you expect from a prisoner with their hands tied? Do you really think the guards that captured you didn't actually take everything you had on you, all weapons, armor and even any decent clothing? (Nice hat. I'll just take it as without a head you won't have anywhere to wear it anyway.) You are slated to have your head lopped off, you aren't going to need anything if you are dead, so you get to wear rags. That IS immersion.

I'm one of the stubborn people in this community and I have certain mods that say to keep them on even during the intro sequence. For people having this problem, just keep restarting. It will eventually let you get through the cart sequence, and from there on you shouldn't, and I mean that in the "I personally haven't had any problems after that" way, have anymore problems.

P.S. Use this command to quick restart the entire game, without the " of course. I've found this to be the easiest way to get the intro to not be broken as many times. Open the command console, for those that don't know it's the key to the left of the 1 above your letters, and type "qqq" and hit enter to close Skyrim entirely, then just open it again. I find this to be the faster way rather than wait for the game to exit and reload the main title.

This makes absolutely no sense.

It's like bashing your head against a wall and wondering why you have a splitting headache...

Edited by vlaka