Cart Intro Flipping?

jedgej

The spinning cart glitch is caused by having high FPS and we can't solve it by loading our mods late, so what do we do? We must lower our FPS without doing anything the game will know about, like messing with mods. The solution is therefore specific to each player's graphics setup. One way or another you have to get your FPS low enough for Havok to relax. An easy solution for nVidia users is to open the NVIDIA Control Panel and set Vertical sync to "Adaptive (half refresh rate)", which is the closest thing it has to FPS limiting. You can change it back once you're off the cart.

Thank you for this! After completely uninstalling and reinstalling skyrim with a fresh, unmodded game I came across this problem and was baffled as to what could be the issue. After reading your post I tried a new game again with Fraps running and saw that I was running 120 fps and spiking up to 3-400 when the carts would go haywire. Altering my Vsync reduced my frame rate to 30 fps during the intro and there was no hint of jittery, wild carriages.

In hindsight I realize this is from changing the graphics card settings in order to utilize ENB would have drastically increased my frame rate when enb was not initialized.

Thanks again for the insight!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immersive Armor v8 was the one causing my cart to flip/fly into the air. Disabling it on NMM and starting a new game again fixed it.

High FPS is also another reason for it. Try both if both are present.

This popped up first on a quick google search, so just posting this in case others come here to find out why. First time this has happened to me in 2 years.

• 2 months later...

Just to confirm for anyone else who stumbles across here - Immersive Armor was what was causing my cart opening to spaz out as well. Actually rendered it unplayable when it blocks characters from moving at the execution.

Not sure if it's because of any kind of bizarre mod conflict, but disabling that mod until you get out of the whole tutorial area is probably your best bet (it'll do weird things to the physics in the caves below Helgen, too. Accidentally woke up the bear when I catapulted a wheelbarrow into him).

• 2 months later...

i don't know why but for me it stopped when i disabled max fps in enblocal.ini (only exist if you have an enb/enboost) but with vsync on. my monitor is 60 frames max anyway so it should hurt me. something to try perhaps.

It is NOT just one mod. Many unrelated mods can cause the same problem. READ the first part of the topic for the real information.

For some reason people keep posting the same problem instead or actually reading the topic to find the answer. :wallbash: The solution was posted several times in the same topic. Try reading the topic from the beginning to see how to fix it.

• 4 months later...

Immersive Armor v8 was the one causing my cart to flip/fly into the air. Disabling it on NMM and starting a new game again fixed it.

High FPS is also another reason for it. Try both if both are present.

This popped up first on a quick google search, so just posting this in case others come here to find out why. First time this has happened to me in 2 years.

I realize this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to let people here know that this was the fix for me as well, in Skyrim SE. I have several mods, but simply disabling Immersive Armor fixed the flipping carriage issue for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

okay, I'll try it, thanks

Thanks! i was having this same file & i'm relatively new to modding in general, i use NMM only right now, on the tab that says Profile at the top, if i make a profile & click save does it save all of my current active mods? that way when i turn them off until the opening scene is done i don't have to try & remember which mods i had enabled & which i didn't?.

ALSO! is there anyway i can find out which mods make my game CTD? even when i do enable them all one by one until i find the ones doing it i never know the reasons why :(

so i just don't use them... i'd like to though! is there a 3rd party tool or a feature in the NMM that i just don't know about that can help me find out these problems?

Another thing is my load order over in plugins i somone told me ESM files always go at the top & esp files go further down but i don't know how far down on some of the mods.. :(

is there something that can set up my load order for me so i don't have to? or atleast let me know which order certain mods go in?

~ Thanks :)

• 1 month later...

cart just spins around can someone help me i can list them if it'll help? im going to put a list of the mods i'm using as the order they are in for me and ill cross out the ones that are inactive i'm not really good at modding so sorry if some of you facepalm at the load order

Mod Loader: Skyrim Mod Organizer

Mods:

Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Edition v3.4f-2666-3-4f

BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio - v2.8b-49015-2-8b

Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide TBBP HDT-25259-5-1

Realistic Force-601-1-9

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended-68000-3-21

Devourment .65D Mod Pack 2.25.17

RaceMenu v3-4-5-29624-3-4-5

DevourmentMultiprey

Fuz Ro Doh 60-14884-6-0

StrangerMod

Atlas Map Markers v1-7 Complete-14976-1-7

A Quality World Map - New Installer-4929-8-4

A Clear World Map-6411-1-0

Enhanced Camera 1.4-57859-1-4

FNIS Behavior V6_3-11811-V6-3

FNIS Sexy Move 6.1-54521-6-1

FNIS Updates (just a file to store the FNIS updates as it says)

RealisticNeedsandDiseases-26228-1-9-10

SkyUI_5_1-3863-5-1

Ambriel Fully Voiced and Quest Version CBBE-78762-AQ1-06

Mour Follower Installer-74511-1-02

Bigger Argonian Tails v1_0_2-17339-1-0-2

HDT Physics Extensions-53996-14-28

Loremonger - No collision-54044-v1-4 (inactive)

Dwarven Colossus- Mihail Monsters and Animals-82055-1

Ancient Automatons 4K-75610-1-06

Ancient Dwemer Metal 4K-75610-1-01

Blood of the Pred Alpha

Sacrosanct v402-80159-4-02

Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition-24020-1-0

Jormungandr Dragon-82282-1-0

Nightingale Prime Remastered-82282-1-0

Valkyrie Armor-82282-1-0

Born Dragon Skin CBBE-63680-1

Drinking Fountains of Skyrim-24282-1-2

Ultimate Dragons-55206-2-1

Extra Bandits-64654-

Skyrim Underground-75004-2-3

Succubus Race 1-5-22903-1-5 (inactive)

Simple Actions -58296-1-05

FEMALE-BSA-NMM-59321-5-0

ShowRaceMenu Alternative - Latest Version-20394-3-0-0

OneTweak-40706-2-1-0-2

Better_Beast_Races-2_00-944-2-0 (inactive)

Feminine Argonian Textures (Chameleon and Lizard) CBBE-62574-2-0 (inactive)

Feminine Khajiit Textures (Grey Cat and Leopard) CBBE-62193-2-0.7z (inactive)

Quick Start - Skip The Opening Sequence v2_0-3325-2-0 (inactive / would like to do the cutscene since there are items id like to get since i'm doing a new save/game since my old one was corrupt)

Skyrim Romance-71754-2-0 (inactive)

Unofficial Skyrim Patch-19-2-1-3b (inactive)

Like i said i dont really know whats the best order to put these in so yea if any of you could help me you'll have my thanks and gratitude

Edited by keiron13