Cart Intro Flipping?

jedgej

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it's not true that it's (only) mods causing this bug :sad:. I've only just downloaded and installed Skyrim and this happened WITHOUT any mods installed. None.

The most common reason is FPS related. Cap your FPS at 60 (most ENBs that I've seen have some kind of FPS capper installed) and it should be fine. :)

• 1 month later...

I used to get the Helicopter Cart.

I would go into console and toggle free cam to see what it was doing. It was whirling around like helicopter blades attached to a horse's butt.

It swirled around all the way into the courtyard, where it killed General Tullius, the executioner, and half the people in Helgen. I was left alone.

"Guys? Guys?? Is anyone left alive!!"

So I'm standing there because the scene can't progress, and the dragon shows up and does his thing, and leaves. I had to quit the game, but at least it was interesting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen this problem over and over and over - It is caused by MOD scripts conflicting with vanilla game scripts during the Helgen sequence - The entire Helgen sequence until you exit the cave is an intro and tutorial. It is heavily scripted and jumps back and forth between movie type scenes and action sequences. You actually have almost no real choices during the action sequences - all you can do is follow the script. - it is handled a bit different that the real game that actually starts after you exit the cave. Nearly all of the Helgen into/tutorial scripts end when you exit the cave. Very few mods do anything at all during that sequence so if they are not doing anything - why not just disable them to prevent these wacky problems? It is those that do try to do things that conflict anyway. Mods that don't run scripts don't cause problems. - so you can pretty up your PC if you want. Although custom races may cause some problems.

I am running 255 mods/scrips on my game and managed to bypass this issue by turning off only 1: Immersive Armors.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In my game,just as i enter Hegen a horse with rider blasts off into the sky and dissapears in the clouds.

:laugh:

Sorry for the necro. Was looking for a resolution for this issue with my newest SE run. I had the same problem when I ran the Game of Thrones overhaul for Oldrim. When the cart entered the Helgen gates, that Thalmor chick and her horse would suddenly turn into a Saturn V rocket, launch into the sky and over the mountains. I laughed every time it happened lol