Cart Intro Flipping?

jedgej

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

hi all, just wanted to add, i found my fix by DE-installing Creatures in Fores New Idles. I don't normally use that part but loaded it this time. only mods i had on when this worked: Update , Dawn Guard , Hearth , Dragon . these were cleaned. Plus SKSE 64 , Sky UI , Fores New Idles , Fnis Sexy Move. not much there and thern it hit me, horses are creatures too. lol . hope that helps have a great day all.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone still have this problem and don't wanna start new game/reinstall mods etc. I had this problem too, and fixed it with 2 easy steps:

1) Install this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65538/

2) Set VSync to ADAPTIVE in your drivers (nvidia)

After that, cart was totally fine :smile:

Edited by MiGJaell

• 4 months later...
I found that using the console command TCL right as the game intro begins(as soon as you can see your self) wait for all of your mods to load than use the command TCL once more also the conversation will start while you wait the longer you wait the more time you will have a quit ride once you get to helgen the the talking will retrigger and the mission will progress I hope this helps it's not really a fix but it will get you past the intro

I found that using the console command TCL right as the game intro begins(as soon as you can see your self) wait for all of your mods to load than use the command TCL once more also the conversation will start while you wait the longer you wait the more time you will have a quit ride once you get to helgen the the talking will retrigger and the mission will progress I hope this helps it's not really a fix but it will get you past the intro

• 1 month later...

Any mod that has scripts can cause problems with the intro. As many users don't know how to check if a mod has scripts or not, I recommend just not activating ANY mods until after the entire Helgen/intro/tutorial is complete - that is when you exit the cave. You really cannot do anything with those mods during the Helgen sequence anyway.

After going through the considerable effort of making Skyrim stable, modded, and conflict free, I learned I did too good a job because my new game had the spinning cart glitch. This happens because the Havok physics engine doesn't know what to do when Skyrim functions properly and, reasoning that this was not intended by the developers, improves the game by adding new glitches. That is to say, the carts go haywire because your FPS is too high.

Before I tell you how I solved it, let me tell you a story about the gremlins that live in your computer. Whenever Skyrim finds a missing variable (a part of code that it expects to find, but doesn't), it cleverly solves this by making something up, then permanently writing the glitch to your save game. This means that instead of crashing the first time it has a hiccup, it saves all of your crashes in a pile for later. This pile is normally small enough for Gerda to sweep under the rug when the Jarl's not looking, but it can grow to rival the Throat of the World if you change your load order mid-game. The bigger the pile, the more likely an avalanche will bury you under crashes. This is why the best practice for modders is to set up your load order before starting your adventure and never touch it on a save you care about. It also means that starting on a "clean save" instead of a new game can have unpredictable results, and mods that tell you to start them after such and such an event are best avoided.

The spinning cart glitch is caused by having high FPS and we can't solve it by loading our mods late, so what do we do? We must lower our FPS without doing anything the game will know about, like messing with mods. The solution is therefore specific to each player's graphics setup. One way or another you have to get your FPS low enough for Havok to relax. An easy solution for nVidia users is to open the NVIDIA Control Panel and set Vertical sync to "Adaptive (half refresh rate)", which is the closest thing it has to FPS limiting. You can change it back once you're off the cart.

Yes, that worked for me

• 3 months later...

What no one mentioned is, FNIS can mess this up hard. In my case, i fked the internet for solutions. I tried some rather difficult and complex ones but the results were negligible. so today, I installed a home mod. saw my horse hitched at the hitch point. noticed it being not animated, when i got up, i had no control (i mean i cant move it, neither it moves by itself. Its in the "T" state of FNIS if u ever heard of it). the problem was, I installed some creature mods, then ran into a load order and save game problem. So i had to disable every mod and run fnis to make my character move (else the "T" problem). so basically, FNIS didnt animate the Horse, which ultimately resulted in NO CART ANIMATION!!! BOOM!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

What no one mentioned is, FNIS can mess this up hard. In my case, i fked the internet for solutions. I tried some rather difficult and complex ones but the results were negligible. so today, I installed a home mod. saw my horse hitched at the hitch point. noticed it being not animated, when i got up, i had no control (i mean i cant move it, neither it moves by itself. Its in the "T" state of FNIS if u ever heard of it). the problem was, I installed some creature mods, then ran into a load order and save game problem. So i had to disable every mod and run fnis to make my character move (else the "T" problem). so basically, FNIS didnt animate the Horse, which ultimately resulted in NO CART ANIMATION!!! BOOM!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Whoever claims that FNIS is causing this SKYRIM bug is a noob ignoring those endless responses knowledgeable people like bben46 have made here and other places.

And making FNIS responsible for each and every T-pose is also nothing but a lack of knowledge. T-pose is the reaction of the engine when it doesn't have a proper animation when it needs one. That CAN be the case when the user has messed up an FNIS generation, and the links to proper animations are bad. But it can also happen when the engine has problems to read a proper animation file IN TIME. And this is exactly what happens in the SKYRIM intro bug.