Hair mesh not coloring properly in CS

ramst3d

This happened before when I was trying to convert Demoness hair to Oblivion.

Right now I decided to make my own hair mesh and control the texturing for it, but I'm quite disapointed I ran into this problem again.

This is the problem as described in the title:

What happens is after I turn on vertex coloring and update the arrays in Nifskope, I can only get a small piece of the hair mesh to change colors when viewing it in Construction Set.

I've made the mesh, and was lazy with making multiple textures for each part of the hair but that shouldn't be the problem.

I followed this tutorial: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/37391/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D37391&pUp=1

for making .dds maps for the hair such as:

Grey.dds

Grey_n.dds

Grey_hh.dds

Grey_hl.dds

These are my .dds files

Diffuse

Diffuse_hl

Diffuse_hh

Diffuse_n

I have everything UVMapped to that same texture

Can somebody please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you if you come across.

On a somewhat tangential note, that's a lot of unused texture space on your map, you'd be well off cropping the texture into a small 256x512 square encompassing just the actual hair part and rearranging the UVs to fit the new location on the texture map :)

It helps keep your work optimized and efficient and doesn't waste as much performance that way.

I had this same problem when editing Nuska's Tied Hawk hair mesh to remove the sidetufts, and my new mesh, once conformulated, lost its ability to recolor as a whole: it kept blotches uncolored all over. Will try if removing the conformulated tri file solves it. Thank you, matey!

In the meanwhile, I removed the sidetufts in the texture dds, not in the mesh, so they render invisible in-game, which is the effect I was looking for.

Cheers!