CTD when when reloading after death

Ishayu

Hi Nexus!

Having a little problem with my Skyrim that I can't Google my answer to. Google doesn't seem to understand the specificity of the problem.

Basically, my game crashes after dying and then reloading. Sometimes. Maybe. I guess around 1 in 10 reloads it just crashes at the loading screen when loading a new game, but it NEVER crashes when moving around the world or transitioning between world spaces. It ONLY crashes if I died and attempt to reload, and it also won't crash if I don't reload.

I am using ENB/ENBoost and the ctdfix memory patch and of course SKSE - as well as the official and unofficial patches (before I started using the ctdfix I was having random memory overload crashes, but they went away as expected)

I've tried creating numerous new characters, but that doesn't help. Anyone got a clue where I should begin looking? Any log file where I can see what caused the CTD? I'm willing to get technical, here; I just don't know where to begin.

I don't use any mods that directly alter death in any way.

Thanks in advance,

- Ishayu

Hi this could be a recent problem, not a minute ago I posted in the thread I started about this new type of crash. I have never crashed on loading in the past only started since I made the following changes too.

Heres what I think.

The only chages I have made recently was to install the most recent unofficial patches for skyrim and all DLC. I also added Enboost and Startup memory patcher.

This must be our problem I see you too use exactly the same as me. Perhaps someone of greater knowledge could add some insight. Oh sorry for not being usefull but I too am suffering ONLY from reloading after death.

Oh sorry for not being usefull but I too am suffering ONLY from reloading after death.

Oh, that's alright. :) I'm quite happy to see I'm not the only one in the problem. Gives a higher probability for finding a solution, and also confirms I'm not insane. I run a few other mods as well, but if you don't it can't be any of them. I did try disabling them and I was still having the problem, but who knows; Skyrim can be weird like that.

Also, another note to people who might wanna check this out:

You will only crash after death, but after the crash the savegame you attempted to load and crashed on will load fine.

Ive been getting similar problems with my game after I installed the memory patch and the allocation tweak.

Most of the time it would crash when I load a quick save. But after I boot the game back up. It loads normally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have not had this issue...but i never liked the fact the game loaded a save for me so i used this..... death cam duration

This may not help ...BUT i would not load a save after death in the first place. So i wanted a way to have the game just sit there for a min or two, then i could exit the game, Restart it and load a save. I have seen where the game does NOT load a save the same from in the game. Load a save that has people doing stuff in front of you, reload that save and it will be different. SO i dont ever load after the first time.

This way death does have consequences..lol .

Mine seems to have sorted itself out somehow although it still happens it's so few times that it doesn't bother me, must just be a rare bug.