Puzzle Box

Guest Joanna

Guest Joanna

I'm supposed to find a puzzle box in the mines near Balmora. I have searched the damn place bare and still can't find it. Can anyone give me a hand? :blink:

It is in the Dwemer Ruins outside Balmora (up the hill and across the bridge, kill the necromancer there you ARE)

When you go in you get in there you get attacked when you go down and you can see a ramp going up to a second level if you go up the ramp and through the door you get attcacked by a bald guy with an axe ort hammer (can't remeber which) and the box is in that room (just on the metal sheleves you should be abvle to see it)

Longest sentance ever

You go NW of Balmora and cross a bridge (where you have a tough fight). Just beyond the bridge is a door with a crank you have to turn and run to the door before it closes. the puzzle box is inside but not that easy to find. Just keep searching rooms until you get attacked as soon as you open a door. that should be the room. The box is on a bottom shelf against a wall.

Pob pretty well nailed it down for you... the tricky part is getting up to that second level - it's not REAL obvious, but it's easily done once you know where to go.

The stone ramp is pretty much immediately inside the entrance and on your left as look into the cave. Climb up a bit to that elusive second level, and you'll see the shelves that were mentioned earlier. The PB is on those shelves, at the bottom. Doesn't look like much... just a small cube.

Depending on your level you can explore that whole complex. In the lower level there is a dwemer chest with daedric armor (placed randomly - so you can save just before opening it, then reload for another attempt if you don't like what you got.)

Guest Joanna

Hey, everyone, thanks for your help!! I played last night and found it with no problems. It was the second ramp that tripped me up. I didn't even see it. So, thanks again!!!

Joanna

I'm supposed to find a puzzle box in the mines near Balmora. I have searched the damn place bare and still can't find it. Can anyone give me a hand?

It's not a mine, but old dwemer stronghold - one of the biggest outside Ghostfence. Enter first room called 'Hall of Centrifuge', kill all bandits and climb to the bottom than follow rock ramp leading to some kind of a balcony. On your left there will be doors leading to some other hall (don't remember the name). Go through and kill leader of the gang (he is rather tough for low levels so take some healing potions with you). Box is rather small and sitting on a lowest shelf to the left.

Answer to Kaye:

how do u get the key once u return the box??

There is a bug in unpatched version of Morrowind - man in fighter's guild will not give you dwemer key after completing PB quest. Bethesda corrected this in first game patch. So if you are playing early version you will have to do some locksplitting to get to lower levels of Arkthghand. There are also several locked chests down below. And to make this trip really worth it - take levitation potions, too.

Archived