Assign AI Packages through dialogue

EnvidiaCN

Greets. I am completely new to modding and papyrus scripting, just began digging around all buttons in CK recently.

The problem was that I wish to assign new AI packages through dialogue, so that after my character talked with the target NPC over this dialogue he will have new daily routines. An example would be to make Golldir go to Whiterun and stay at bannered mare after his quest is done.

I have learned to create new quests and setup the dialogue. I have found an idea to put the AI packages I wish to add into a reference alias in the quest. Now I believe this need to be done by script (end) at the corresponding topic under Player Dialogue. I have to admit I lack the knowlege to do this. I have tried to look into some examples (there are those using a magic spell and do the same work, I was trying to get it done by dialogue) however I just could not come up with something that can be complied.

If someone who have any idea about how this can be done, please feel free to reply. I am grateful for your help. An example would be great (though I admit I would just paste it into CK for now but I will study on it later). I also would like to know if there is another way to achieve this, or whether this design itself had some problems I am not aware of.

I wish to assign new AI packages through dialogue, so that after my character talked with the target NPC over this dialogue he will have new daily routines. An example would be to make Golldir go to Whiterun and stay at bannered mare after his quest is done.

It'd be much easier to use quest stages. Attach a script fragment to the trigger dialogue to advance the quest to stage X, then have the 'daily routine' AI packages all conditioned to execute only after that quest stage is done.

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(10)
Edited by ripple

I wish to assign new AI packages through dialogue, so that after my character talked with the target NPC over this dialogue he will have new daily routines. An example would be to make Golldir go to Whiterun and stay at bannered mare after his quest is done.

It'd be much easier to use quest stages. Attach a script fragment to the trigger dialogue to advance the quest to stage X, then have the 'daily routine' AI packages all conditioned to execute only after that quest stage is done.

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(10)

I see. Got that idea. Thanks a lot, I can see it work out for the Golldir example in this case.

However, if the npc is not particular what should I do? This can be something like I only need the guy to be a follower and currently following, then I want to send this guy to have a new life in Whiterun. Could be Golldir, could also be Benor (the guy in Morthal).

I guess the idea is still try to "add" the AI Package to the target NPC I am speaking to, so far I think I can handle the condition functions but I don't know how to "add" the packages.