Shivering Isles v1.2.0416 Patch installation error

renekuhs

Hi all.

I seem to be having a problem with the v1.2.0416 patch, I am unable to install it as it gives the usual "Old file not find" error after I clean-installed Oblivion, then Shivering Isles and finally all the Knights Of The Nine plugins.

I hadn't even started the game when I attempted to install the patch and it gave me that famous error... :wallbash:

Oh, and I installed the game in a different location than the default ("C:\Program Files\Bethesda..." etc"), although I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Hi all.

I seem to be having a problem with the v1.2.0416 patch, I am unable to install it as it gives the usual "Old file not find" error after I clean-installed Oblivion, then Shivering Isles and finally all the Knights Of The Nine plugins.

I hadn't even started the game when I attempted to install the patch and it gave me that famous error... :wallbash:

Oh, and I installed the game in a different location than the default ("C:\Program Files\Bethesda..." etc"), although I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

You may be trying to install a different patch's version (international). Less probably yet possible it may be the vanilla patch instead the SI patch.

Or the game may be already patched or be from steam (the first case may be the beta patch version for SI) and finally you may have a hacked exe version.

Well, you see, I attempted to install the "ShiveringIsles_v1.2.0416English.exe" file which, I'm pretty sure, is the right file...

And my oblivion.exe is definetly not hacked as I tried to install the patch directly after I installed Oblivion, followed by Shivering Isles and Knights Of The Nine plugins, without ever starting Oblivion.

But thanks for the help anyways. :)

Any further ideas?!

P.S. In the Main menu it says that the game version is v1.2.0201 if that helps.

It sounds as if you already have the patch installed. The Game of the Year version (GOTY) comes with the latest patch already installed.

Well, no it is definetly not the GOTY version; Oblivion, Shivering Isles and Knights Of The Nine are all separate and have been separately bought. I'm also pretty sure the patch isn't preinstalled as my current version is v1.2.0201, whereas the latest patch is 1.2.0416..?