Skyrim CTD (in areas of dense foliage, maybe?)

UnluckyStorm

Hey there friendly, lovely people of the Skyrim nexus forums, I'm here for assistance that's potentially only of benefit to me. Did I mention you look good today?
Ok then, enough of the hesitance! I've started this thread because I need help, and you're hopefully reading it to provide help!
My understanding is that I need to post the following:

• BOSS Log (Copy + Paste?) + SKSE Information (Where's this?)
  • Any mods that fail to appear under BOSS
  • Any previous ini tweaks
  • Computer specs

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @3.4Ghz

RAM: 16Gb (2x8gb) 1300Mhz

GPU: Nvidia GTX660Ti 2Gb (Dxdiag: "Approx. Total Memory: 4038mb"?)

BOSS Log:

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}
  • HearthFires.esm Active
  • Falskaar.esm Active
  • Wyrmstooth.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
    • Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch found here.
  • ETaC - RESOURCES.esm Active
  • JSwords.esm Active
  • Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm Active
  • moonpath.esm Active
  • SPERG.esm Active
  • SPIKE.esm Active
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack01.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack02.esp Active
  • HighResTexturePack03.esp Active
  • Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
  • MoreRainWindy66percentLessView.esp Active
  • Better Dynamic Snow.esp Active
  • SplashofRain.esp Active
  • Immersive Sounds - Aural Assortment.esp Active
  • Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp Active
  • randomthunder.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp Active
  • StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp Active
  • 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp Active
  • Birdsofskyrim.esp Active
  • Catsofskyrim.esp Active
  • Chesko_WearableLantern.esp Active
  • GuardedBorders.esp Active
  • UnlimitedBookshelves.esp Active
  • More Craftables.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • MVABasic.esp Active
  • Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp Active
  • Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells.esp Active
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp Active
  • tGBoA-4_volumes.esp Active
  • two_handed_rebalance.esp Active
  • WetandCold.esp Active
  • Character Creation Overhaul.esp Active
  • JSwords_Load_Screens.esp Active
  • RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp Active
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • iHUD.esp Active
  • Customizable Camera.esp Active
  • Cloaks.esp Active
  • hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
  • Immersive Weapons.esp Active
  • isilNarsil.esp Active
  • JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp Active
  • PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Relev}}
  • Tribunal Maskes by Zairaam.esp Active
  • Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp Active
  • Unique Uniques.esp Active
  • SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp Active
  • CornerofTheSkyrim.esp Active
  • DeadManor.esp Active
  • moonpath_questdata.esp Active
  • OBIS.esp Active
  • RiversideLodge.esp Active
  • Run For Your Lives.esp Active
  • Proper Aiming.esp Active
  • SkyFalls - Distant Waterfall Overhaul.esp Active
  • SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp Active
    • Note: Uninstall old version of Skyrim Flora Overhaul if using SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
  • SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active
  • Convenient Horses.esp Active
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • ETaC - Complete.esp Active
  • ETaC - Complete HF Patch.esp Active
  • ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp Active
  • Helgen Reborn.esp Active
  • WinterholdDecay.esp Active
  • SoS - The Dungeons.esp Active
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
  • SoS - The Wilds.esp Active
    • Note: Do not use the Crash Fix ESP for this mod. It is flagged as a master and is only meant as a last resort for fixing crashes.
  • SoS - Civilization.esp Active
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
  • ELFX - Exteriors.esp Active
  • ELFX - Moonpath.esp Active
  • CinematicFireFX.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hazardous.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-6.esp Active
  • Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp Active
  • CoT-WeatherPatch.esp Active
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-10.esp Active
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp Active
  • CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp Active
  • SoS - Civilization -PatchCoTSounds.esp
    • Note: Use only one Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and CoT patch.
  • SoS - Civilization-PatchCoT.esp Active
    • Note: Use only one Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and CoT patch.
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active
  • MidasSkyrim.esp Active
  • Path of Shadows - Magic.esp Active
  • Path of Shadows - Alchemy.esp Active
  • Realistic crime report radius.esp Active
  • ACE Realistic Fighting.esp Active
  • Path of Shadows - Combat.esp Active
  • The Dance of Death.esp Active
  • ACE Speech.esp Active
  • ArcheryDummyXP.esp Active
  • CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp Active
  • Crimson Tide - Blood.esp Active
  • ACE Archery.esp Active
    • Error: Dawnguard.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without Dawnguard (Official Bethesda DLC)
  • ACE Armor.esp Active
  • ACE Enchanting.esp Active
  • ACE Magic.esp Active
  • ACE Melee.esp Active
  • ACE Smithing.esp Active
  • ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +10%.esp Active
  • ABT - Progressive Damage (with Nord Hero Arrow).esp Active
  • ABT - Recover 10% Less Arrows.esp Active
  • Path of Shadows - Sneak Settings.esp Active
  • Path of Shadows - Sneak Perks.esp Active
  • SPERG.esp Active
  • SPERG Immersive Armors.esp Active
  • TheEyesOfBeauty.esp Active
  • 3DNPC.esp Active
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
  • CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp Active
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
    • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • Spells Cast Light.esp Active
  • Purewaters.esp Active
  • Bashed Patch, 0.esp Active

I do have some graphical mods, nothing out of the ordinary though...I can list those if needed too.

I just finished cleaning up all the dirty mods here, I also added Sounds of Skyrim (Wilds and Civilizations)

INI. Tweaks:

I've done the typical things that you find around the nexus, can post them if necessary.

I added the: "GiveFirstBornToSheson=1" thing in the SKSE.ini, it seemed to improve stability.

I've also tried the "Skyrim 64hz Stutter Fix", but it caused a lot of screen tearing, and I felt the difference wasn't worth it.

Along with that, I have the "HIALGOBOOST GPU UPGRADE" installed and running...That actually did seem to help quite a bit.

It would seem that when I do crash, it's generally near areas of high density foliage, though I'm not sure if this is related.

I had added all these mods fine and started playing, got to level 13 and did a few quests, then I decided: "I want to go on the Moonpath to Elsweyr", eventually I crashed from being in Falkreath)

Also, for some reason, despite adding the patch, I can't talk to the person you need to start the quest...And the interiors of 'Dead Man's Drink' are really weird, there are floating candles here and there, and the barn that you have to enter to start the Moonpath quest properly is blocked by a hide of leather and some tables, for some weird reason? I'm not sure what mod has caused that. I also seem to arrive in the tavern in one of the rooms...In fact, the entire tavern is just messed up.

It's just bitter-sweet, you spend all this time adding mods to Skyrim, and then when you try and play it crashes at seemingly unrelated and inconsistent times. Some nights it's one of the games I'd like to play to destress. I recently removed the 2K texture pack, 2K Trees and Foliage and 4K Rocks in the hope this would improve performance, I think it has. Though I'd like to have them back...

"I just finished cleaning up all the dirty mods here, I also added Sounds of Skyrim (Wilds and Civilizations)"

Where is the patch as noted in your BOSS log. "Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch" (emphasis mine)

It would be a good idea for you to read the BOSS log. You have a lot of warnings that need to be corrected.

"I just finished cleaning up all the dirty mods here, I also added Sounds of Skyrim (Wilds and Civilizations)"

Where is the patch as noted in your BOSS log. "Warning: Due to conflicts between Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization and ClimatesOfTamriel.esm it is recommended you use the appropriate compatibility patch" (emphasis mine)

It would be a good idea for you to read the BOSS log. You have a lot of warnings that need to be corrected.

I have read it, multiple times over, actually.

The patch has actually been downloaded and installed, it just doesn't seem to have registered. Also, the game actually runs and plays fine despite that. However, I figured it was necessary to download the patch anyway.

Edit: I also have only one "Error" and two "Warnings", out of 124, that isn't bad. Also, the one that's stated as an error doesn't seem to do anything anyway.

Edited by UnluckyStorm

"Edit: I also have only one "Error" and two "Warnings", out of 124, that isn't bad. Also, the one that's stated as an error doesn't seem to do anything anyway."

All it takes is one uncorrected error or warning to crash the game. It either all works or none works.

"Also, the game actually runs and plays fine despite that" If that's the case, why are you posting in Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting? I thought from your original post that you had a problem that you needed help resolving.

Edited by M48A5

All it takes is one uncorrected error or warning to crash the game. It either all works or none works.

"Also, the game actually runs and plays fine despite that" If that's the case, why are you posting in Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting? I thought from your original post that you had a problem that you needed help resolving.

The game does run, yes. It does load, I have managed to play it on a character up until level 13, as I stated. However there are problems that need solving. The game crashes when in areas like Falkreath, close to Helgen, etc.. This isn't an entirely smooth experience. When I said that "the game runs and plays fine despite that", I was simply referring to the patch that I'd downloaded, as I had stated prior to what I said. Although the plugin in question is flagged as one with an "Error", the game can still run, almost as if there's no error at all. I have also stated that it crashes, but you seem to be ignoring that.

I do need a problem that requires solving, as has been stated multiple times. But you only seem interested in arguing semantics.

I've managed to play the game fine up until level 13 with those errors and warnings. It makes no sense that the game would crash when in Falkreath due to those errors and warnings. It would either crash instantly or when a new game has been started.

If you're wondering why I'm repeating myself on several things, it's because you seem to have missed a lot of my original post.

Edited by UnluckyStorm