Returning to play again, some suggestions and help finding things?

Deleted5993995User

Its been about a year since I last played this game and want to start over fresh with new mods and characters. I'm not sure what mods have been made since I last played.

maybe someone would wanna' help me out.

Linked everything for convienance and credit.

edit: got a lot of things I want. see this post for some others I'm looking for http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1407522-returning-to-play-again-some-suggestions-and-help-finding-things/&do=findComment&comment=12103215

1. The last big "must-use" mod I remember was Race Menu. What else has been made that was a big hit like that? I also never used any skse mods in the past which I'm doing this time.

2. ENBs

edit: decided to use The Wilds again (original version) like I used to and tweaked it a bunch. Managed to still look good and be very playable. (weak GPU here)

however, if anyone knows where to get the enb shown here picture then let me know. it was posted on the Riverwood enhanced mod page. author said it was cinematic enb but i cant find that enb anywhere and the ones with cinematic in the name dont resemble it. there's this picture.

3. Faces

edit: was really leaning toward something a a bit older looking. After looking everywhere I finally found the Univision face and it suited my wants great. even came with some awesome eyes.

4. I like mods that add neat and useful things to the game without really damaging the vanilla game's balance and I especially like mods for character and environment beauty.

Is there anything else you might want to recommend?

5. Voice

edit: Found a variety of things to do what I wanted.

Edited by Guest

Hmm, I myself recommend Interesting NPCs (especially if you enjoy companions/npcs in general). I might also try Immersive Weapons and/or Immersive Armors (both by the same fellow) because I feel that it adds a few neat and useful weapons/armours which I don't feel damage the vanilla game's balance by too hard of a stroke.

About the character mods, I don't honestly have much to offer besides the handful or so you mentioned. If you want something similar to this, I believe the Enhanced Character Edit is really one of the better mods to dally with. I myself haven't gave it a go, but I've heard quite a few people have received results such as the example you showed by a bit of experimenting and patience. I do recommend CoverEyes, though. Use it myself and I enjoy the results.

Besides those few, I don't really have much else to offer off the top of my head. I don't use ENBs (my computer cannot handle them) and tend not to meddle with environmental mods too much, sorry.

I apologize if these handful or so aren't exactly what you're looking for, but I hope they satisfied somewhat anyway.

I hope you enjoy Skyrim on your second go.

If you're looking for environment improvements, and you're not already aware of it, I recommend looking at STEP, the Skyrim Total Enhancement Project, here:

http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.8

It has many recommendations on mods that improve your Skyrim environment.

BTW, I second the previous poster's recommendation of Interesting NPCs and ECE.

Thanks for the recommendations. Been going mod nuts. Boy was getting HDT physics working just right a total pain due to lack of proper tutorials out there (Might have to eventually make one), but the hair physics are too cool.

Satisfied with character and graphical wants pretty much now, but am still open to suggestions as there's lots of things that are still new to me.

Will be sure to check out what you two linked, thanks again for the replies :smile:

Also, while this topic is here.. I've been looking for mods that I don't think exist:

• Simply better feeling first person. Maybe its mostly FOV which I can tweak that bugs me, but first person mods apart from the immersive ones would be nice
  • Being able to rotate the camera around your character while in the racemenu
  • Left-side camera view in-combat. When out of combat your character appears slightly to the left like in most third person games. when going into combat, it puts you into the center. it really should be the other way around imo.
  • Sprinting without having to hold down the forward key. Would like to be able to sprint in some more directions.

if anything on this list exists please let me know :D

Edited by Guest