Transparent Upper Body (M/F) NPCs with Clothes

KrampusNeiner

Hello,

New to Nexus mods and Oblivion and could use some help.

Problem: After installing Roberts Male Body, HGEC BBB and Oblivion Character Overhaul v2, many of the NPCs' upper bodies turn transparent / clear while wearing regular clothes. This also happens for the lower body for the Imperial Guard captains (clear legs/shins).

I'm not going to lie, I have next to no knowledge about modding beyond copy pasting texture and mesh folders and basic usage of OMM / TES4edit / TES CS.

According to a readme txt file I read somewhere, if an esp edits the same plugins as another esp, then the second one overides the first - is that true? Is that what is happening here with the clear upper body ?

Any tips/thoughts/opinions are appreciated. I've attached my load order if that helps.

Screenshot

Hey, tbagger:

Before we can start helping you solve this, we need some more information:

Your version of the game (Retail or Steam / Download) and if you have it updated to date.

If you met the Requirements for the Body Replacers and OCO v2.

I've understood that this problem only shows when equipping vanilla clothing and armor. It's strange, because what should occur is warped, deformed textures, not transparent body parts, but it happens.

You need the standard clothing and armors replacers for both your Male and Female replacers. For Robert Males, it comes a separate download. Depending on which version of HGEC you have, it might be included (EVE, for instance) or optional.

Do your characters look OK when naked?

Cheers!

Yep, I'm running an up to date Steam version of Oblivion.

I'll look for the standard clothing replacers - hope this works. And yes, the NPCs look like they should when naked (occasionally have female NPCs with those stretched textures coming from their boobs but I can live with that)

Hey, Tbagger!

I know what this "boobs stretching to infinite" is: these female NPCs have not the correct skeleton applied. BBB needs the females to use the skeleton it includes (or states in its Required Files), and it's not a texture problem but a mesh problem.

But it's strange, if you had not the correct skeleton, all the females would show the Infinite Boobs glitch. May I assume that the affected ones are Khajiit and Argonians?

And... did you install OCO's Texture Patch for HGEC? There's something strange in Simplicia's face in your screenshot.

Cheers!

Hey IkeCoast,

Thanks for the info on the skeleton bit. I'm using some universal skeleton (forgot which one) so that should help with the stretching.

I installed the vanilla clothes replacer from Robert's files but after starting up, I still see transparent/clear bodies (when the NPC has the clothes on). Screenshot (notice Imperial Captain's legs missing)

Here is my load order (not sure if this helps):

Oblivion.esm
Better Cities Resources.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
Better Cities .esp
Atmospheric Loading Screens - Random Quotes.esp
Natural_Weather_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Weather_HDR_by_Max_Tael.esp
Natural_Habitat_by_Max_Tael.esp
Enhanced Water v2.0 ND.esp
Natural_Water_by_Max_Tael.esp
ChaseCameraMod.esp
Haubergeon.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
Adonnays Elven Weaponry.esp
ArmamentariumStaffs.esp
HentaiSeraphimArmour.esp
Hentai_Seraphim_Blade.esp
KitRae Exotic Dual Remake.esp
R18PN - Eisen Platte Armor.esp
R18PN - Fiona Armor.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
Plate Armor Plus - Woman's Move Edition.esp
Anduril Reforged.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCfrostcrag.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
Natural_Vegetation_by_Max_Tael.esp
Unlimited Rings 1.0.esp
Unlimited Amulets 1.0.esp
Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
Smite of Order.esp
MidasSpells.esp
Moonshadow Elves - Sc.esp
KT_CustomRaceFix.esp
Better Cities Full.esp
Better Cities - VWD of the IC.esp
Better Imperial City.esp
Better Cities - No LEYAWIIN Flooding.esp
Mayu's Animation Overhaul.esp
Woman's Move - Animation Replacer.esp
Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp

Edited by tbagger12121

Don't forget about Archive Invalidation (the BSA Redirection approach to be precise, as it's the only one I know of reported working with Steam Oblivion) when trying to make the game use replacements for Vanilla files.

With Steam Oblivion things get especially tricky even, due to the wrong file dates of the BSAs always making Vanilla files newer than mod-added replacements. File date trumps everything in Oblivion, even Archive Invalidation measures.

The simplest steps to get this going would be to start OBMM, navigate into its Utilities and then Archive Invalidation, selecting BSA Redirection and leaving all options at default (BSA Redirection has no options), clicking "Reset BSA timestamps" once, then applying Archive Invalidation as configured.

It will install an empty dummy BSA into your data folder and modify your Oblivion.ini so this one gets used at the place inside the "sArchiveList" entry where the only BSA requiring Invalidation usually is listed, as this one's empty now no files will require Archive Invalidation anymore, technically eliminating the very need for Archive Invalidation to begin with, once and for all (well, until your Oblivion.ini gets modified by some 3rd party app or regenerated by the launcher and the changes become undone).

If this still fails, check there are no left-over instances of a file called "Archive Invalidation.txt" found anywhere inside your folders.

Those are from previous outdated attempts at Archive Invalidation and will now only instruct the game to use external files over internal files which are no longer present due to how BSA Redirection functions.

This is known to cause multiple random issues.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

• 6 years later...

I seem to be having the same problem but I've tried the solution at the bottom and nothing has changed.
I'm using Wyre Bash for oblivion.

the the only thing that is wrong is that both my character and the npcs are both having a transparency problem with their cloths/armor.
does anyone know what this problem could be and how I could resolve it?

I seem to be having the same problem but I've tried the solution at the bottom and nothing has changed.

I'm using Wyre Bash for oblivion.

the the only thing that is wrong is that both my character and the npcs are both having a transparency problem with their cloths/armor.

does anyone know what this problem could be and how I could resolve it?

What particular armor/clothes ... mod added or a replacer that came with a body (e.g. EVE for HGEC or Roberts Male)?

Invisible is indicating missing normal maps (the _n.dds files).