The last poster wins

TheCalliton

That racing game Karet would have been a fun time. I'm sure the elder siblings in the house would have joined in

Because when I was a child and hanging out the soapbox derby

Why is it called Soap Box Derby?

Soapbox cars

Originally, gravity racer cars
were built from wooden soap (or apple) crates and rollerskate wheels,
but have grown more sophisticated over time, with materials
like aluminium, fiberglass and even CFRP being used. ...

It is currently popularly called a soapbox.

the soapbox car builder guy lived; near where I grew up.

The Bell and Howell stuff?! The reason could be, you may not of heard of Bell & Howell Homeschooling Television Repair Kits. Maybe because it wasn't out on the shelves in electronic stores. Not even Radio Shack had all the parts I sometimes I needed. Sometimes I tested what came with the kit and the parts were bad. That was bad for me too. I had to return them by mail, to the Bell and Howell servicing and wait for the returned package with more I had to test and hoped I got good parts that time. I was almost always waiting for replacements in the mail. That cost me time in completing a course, which seemed to me like it was a method to cheat people out of their money.

We had to prepay for the whole course, and if we failed a part of the course they kept all the money. I thought it was cheating because if we could not get the previous electronic equipment working and send our test results in, in time, they wouldn't send us the next item to build. The Oscilloscope was second to last, because we needed it and the multi-tester too to finish the course building a TV set from parts.

The homeschool kit with the training manuals included learning everything about the items they sent, one at a time, if we achieved completion of the previous course. That included a breadboard, they gave me a miniature electronic tester, but the large Multi-electronic test machine I had to build it, an Oscilloscope, and all the parts to make a 21 inch color TV.

The company merged with the North American arm of Böwe Systec Inc. In 2003, Böwe Systec later acquired the entire company. It was known as Böwe Bell & Howell until 2011, when Versa Capital Management bought the company out of bankruptcy and renamed the company "Bell and Howell, LLC".i

I ordered the Bell and Howell Homeschooling TV Repair kit from a magazines advertisement. Probably Popular Science back then. I was using my GI school funds to pay for the 15 month long training program.

Oh! Yeah!

:laugh:
I

Win!

@Pagafyr It's not that B&H stuff wasn't on shelves, it wasn't available at all in former Yugoslavia. Back when this was a communist state, vast majority of things made in capitalist nations were unavailable, especially stuff from the US. Hell, people had to smuggle in jeans from Italy. Hence why I only know of their cameras and projectors, people smuggled those in where they served as status symbols.

And, of course, I win.

Edited by Werne

@Werne

I get the picture.

When it looks like there's no hope left. Family support is all but gone. There isn't a silver lining to be found. It seems like you're up against impossible odds. All you feel like doing is sitting down and crying. My parents are gone. The family I grew up with have become distant.

Now is the time, when some words I heard ring true. And they are. Just get up and take one step, one step forward. Keep going until the Sunset, and start again in the Dawn. That's all I can do. Just keep taking one step and keep moving on.

:mellow:

I

Win!

If you want to get heaven, I heard in an alley on an old radio, If you want to get to heaven, the people all around me seemed to know no way to go, but they kept on looking round me hoping I might, so, I heard it in an alley on an old radio, if you want to get to heaven, you've got to raise a little ....

Oh! And Welcome! To the rest of your life in my world .... .

Oh! and yeah...

• Everyone of the 33 people still following this thread, and Blackrampage, Werne, Striker879, Mktavish, especially niphilim222, everyone that's ever posted in this thread, including the creator TheCalliton.

Join in with all of those who are brave enough to sing-a-long with us, and finish this songs line.

Sing it! In your HEAD! Or just sing it outloud in your room Gamer

Here it is >>> You've got to raise a little <enter the word here >!

To get to heaven and WIN!

If you want to get heaven, I heard in an alley on an old radio, If you want to get to heaven, the people all around me seemed to know no way to go, but they kept on looking round me hoping I might, so, I heard it in an alley on an old radio, if you want to get to heaven, you've got to raise a little ....

Oh! And Welcome! To the rest of your life in my world .... .

Oh! and yeah...

• Everyone of the 33 people still following this thread, and Blackrampage, Werne, Striker879, Mktavish, especially niphilim222, everyone that's ever posted in this thread, including the creator TheCalliton.

Join in with all of those who are brave enough to sing-a-long with us, and finish this songs line.

Sing it! In your HEAD! Or just sing it outloud in your room Gamer

Here it is >>> You've got to raise a little <enter the word here >!

To get to heaven and WIN!

LOL ... Raise a little hell, raise a little Hell ... raise a little HELL!!

Sorry Paga, I live well and fully in the moment (so I've just enjoyed my moment of Heaven).

The next moment belongs to whomever picks up Paga's lost gauntlet.