The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I keep thinking about doing more mod work. The idea fades quickly though. I keep looking for the people whose posts and their mods stirred my interest enough to study and to learn how to mod for Morrowind and Fallout 3. That's when the pain of Sorrow realization seeps in, for they have gone, changed their ways, grown up mentally, or just gotten so they no longer make any good stuff to share their art here.

I see a number where their mods are listed in their Nexusmods profile on the file tab. The number of files that, hey, are the number of mods they have presently. I seldom see zero "0" in any of their Nexusmods profiles. Profiles of people I thought to befriend. Although I see some people's with a 0 on that tab. It's not as shocking than seeing a good modder no longer posting.

It's when I don't see the people who haven't been here in a long, long time I feel loosened from the desire to mod.

They, that sometimes used to seem like they were competing with each other, where even I thought the playground was for anyone. Even someone like me. I stopped pretending I was going to mod a mod and did it. After several scrapped starts loaded with dirty source stuff which I failed putting together good enough; I finally did get good at it and made mods out of the heaps I piled up resources from practicing.

TWICE!

I keep thinking about the people I remember and modding now just isn't the same as back when.

I just opened the window to let the inside air refresh. Not for long though. At 5:00 PM MST it's still 90 degrees F. and no breeze.

I just had a thought that reminded me of that Disney Movie about Atlantis. That part which Jim Varney played. His character explaining what only thing we need for food, as he's sorting out the food supplies that someone else brought for his character to cook for meals. In the movie his character is tossing everything out except what his character, the cook will cook.

I think I will watch that 20 year old family movie to night. Atlantis: The Lost Empire