4 Legged Dragons!

dixon87

A new species of Dragon is rising. Akatosh's new creation, a Dragon with 4 legs and two wings. Only a few are born so far, (Testing their effectiveness as a race) You must find and slay or befriend them! (BRING UM TA Paarthurnax!! He will show them the Way). :smile:

Who will finally take up this mod that people have dreamed of since Skyrim was released? SkyMoMod has already made a flightless one around the Wolf skeleton. Why can't someone make an animated, flying 4 legged dragon? Reason-Most people don't care, and its nearly impossible.

Could some master modder out there please do this? I'm pretty sure if it worked it would get a lot of likes, endorsements, and downloads. :wink: (BTW, I know like 80% of mod requests don't happen, but i'm trying anyway)

I'll include the stupid Drake picture.

P.S. (Kaalahnorok (Kaal-Ah-Norok) means Champion-Hunter-Fierce.

Why don't these things just delete? This request is Engine-Breaking, and impossible. Some moderator please delete this like you delete my comments. lol

THIS REQUEST IS IMPOSSIBLE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CREATE ENTIRELY NEW ACTOR BASES, IT MUST BE A RE-SKIN OF AN EXISTING ACTOR BASE. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, OR AT LEAST REALLY, REALLY HARD TO CREATE ENTIRELY NEW ANIMATIONS FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE NEW ACTOR BASE. PERIOD.

Edited by dixon87

Yeah, so do I. People have asked, modders have ignored, failed, or just didn't see it. Most modders out there don't have and probably don't want to put all that time and effort into it. I create NPCs out of existing material, and change existing areas. I have no skill to do this.

Edited by dixon87

" Why can't someone make an animated, flying 4 legged dragon? "
"
No modder out there has/wants to put the time and effort into it"
"
I have no skill to do this."

And nobody else either has the skills that it'd take.

Surely, someone could create four legged dragon with wings, skeletons and all, but what's the "base" for this new creature?
There's no creature that would have similar body structure, thus existing animations/skeletons and everything would need to be changed to make it work.

Currently (and probably forever) there's no way to add completely new creatures with animations in-game. Only existing bases could be redone.

Also, post that tries to intimidate Bethesda to do something always makes me burst into anger and hate.
"
You might get a call from Bethesda asking how you managed it", even if it's a joke, it's a bad one.

In TES lore dragons have always been "Wyverns". Two legs, wings and long neck.
Akatosh was like this, Peryite is depicted as "Wyvern".

Anyhow, Four legged dragon/drake is something I'd love to see. SkyMoMod drakes are somewhat a bit.. derpy.

I still think it could be done. You just need an entire mod team lol. (With everyone in the team being real good at their job) Also, I'll remove the joke. It was uncalled for. Lastly, I know Bethesda could do it. I know Wyverns are their lore. I know Bethesda just doesn't want to do it. (Well, if they did we might have had worse problems than backwards flying Dragons breathing fire out the Back-end) :P

P.S SkyMo would have been better off attaching it to the Bear Base.

Edited by dixon87

The dragons of Skyrim are dragons.

In IRL lore, a dragon is a reptile-like, sentient creature that can breathe fire and oftentimes use some form of magic. Why the typical, medieval portrayal of a dragon is one with a body like a cat that has four legs, a tail, and a neck, as well as wings. In IRL lore, a wyvern is a reptile like creature that has two legs and two wings, both oftentimes at the same area of the body, but wyverns are not sentient nor do they use magic. Dragons, however, compared to wyverns, have all sorts of forms, from looking like a wyvern to the typical medieval dragon to the oriental/Asian dragon that resembles a four legged snake.

But ultimately, if someone creates something in its world, say, Bethesda and Skyrim, and tells you that it is a dragon, then it is a dragon.

Anywayyy...

Why can't someone make an animated, flying 4 legged dragon? Reason- it would take a hell of a lot of time, resources, and skill to do that. The Skyrim MoMod drake is literally a reskined wolf; it's just a texture and mesh replacer. It still behaves and fights and animates like a wolf.

To create an actual 4-legged 2-winged dragon for Skyrim, you would need to make new meshes, new textures, new skeletons, new animations, new scripts, and probably more, and it simply couldn't be made lore friendly. It is a massive request.

I recall watching a sort of "Making of" video where the dragons of Skyrim were actually decided to be 2-winged 2-legged because it made them skilled in the air and awkward on land, e.g. it balanced out.

4 legged dragons would be awesome, but as far as I can tell, it's impossible to get without professional game developers making the mod, which I don't see happening unfortunately. :c

Ok. I understand, though I still think it's POSSIBLE. I know the whole Dragon VS Wyvern deal, I know the Bethesda dragons are STILL Dragons, and frankly I have no problem with them. I just wanted to see a modder challenge the limits of the Skyrim Engine, and hopefully create a 4 legged Dragon. Not as a replacer, but a new creature. I have never been mad at Bethesda, they are my favorite gaming company. The best, glitchiest games ever!! Btw, I'm not angry at modders either. I AM ONE. I "Specialize" in making NPCs and changing existing areas. (With existing material). I also know most modders have a life beyond the computer. That sum things up people/moderator?

Hehe, the SkyMo Drakes are still pretty cool.

P.S I haven't posted any mods cause everything ive done has already been done and better. lol Also, I was a regular visitor to that mod. I encouraged and gave ideas, but in the end it was too much.

Edited by dixon87

• 1 month later...

It was me who tried to make that 4-legged dragon mod. I would have been able to do it if I had the right programs and good internet, but I don't, and I'm almost out of computer memory. Sorry for getting your hopes up ;( . That's why I took it down.

It is boned and stuff. I just cant script it or animate it. If anyone is willing to take up that job, I'll send you the data.

Edited by modder5554