Project Natal

AncientSpaceAeon

Vote and reply please, to get this topic moving. And be sure to read the first topic.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Project Natal ?

• My Dream Since A Kid.
    • The Future of Games
    • Excellent and Really Awesome
    • Great, just Great
    • Only Just Like Wii Improved
    • Not for me, I'm to lazy to move a lot.
    • That's Impossible, aren't going to happen (except another few years or 5 to 10 years)
    • Big Dissapointment
    • Unplayable/Full of Bugs and Problems
    • Others

Project Natal, it's like Microsoft want to beat the others. But microsoft already won, but they want to do things again. X360 was designed to beat PS2, and PS3 can only match X360 a few years later. Most pc have windows, X360 is everywhere, Microsoft won.

But do they stopped ? Nooo, they are creating Project Natal, maybe they want to beat Wii on controls so they're the best in gaming. It's not a bad thing really, it's a good thing really, and I don't mean to insult the others (PS3 and Wii), it's just the truth. Now they're making a bigger one, called Project Natal. Project Natal simply a new gaming experience, and going to make us (our body), as the CONTROLLER. (of course, there's other features)

And, I'm going to make the details about the poll choices.

-The Future of ..... : Means in the future, everyone going to play this style of game. There will be no PC games, PS3, Wii (at least they're aren't that good), but only this.

- Only Like Wii Improved means it's just like Wii, but improved. Well Project Natal just make you as the controller, means you use your whole body (even there are other features). (And if you don't know already, there's Wii Motion Plus now, so your Wii gaming experience going to be better.) You may need to think about this choice, because there are other features.

- Not For Me ..... : Means you're too lazy, you could be a hardcore gamer that HATE moving, so you can choose this.

- Impossible .... : Impossible means it's impossible for it to happen, you think that all it can do is punch with your hands in any style but the character just do the usual animation. (Just like original Wii, when I play Wii Sports and go for boxing, even I try to do different style of punching, it's just like the character isn't really do what we're doing.) Anyway, it's just an example.

- Unplayable .... : Means it's should be improved, because there's going to be lots of problems. Example, you're playing a car and you are steering it. But your head itch then BOOM, the car suddenly turn around then crashed because your hand is scratching your head. Not like the experince in Wii. Or maybe the voice recgoniztion fails to regconize what you're saying, and they thinks you want to delete all save games.

Here's the announcement video :

The main site : http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

So what do you think ?

Oh Microsoft, those silly silly bastards.

If they're going for world domination, I really hope they dont embarrase themselves like they did with Windows Vista.

That would cause for some serious laughter.

In my opinion, the WII is a "WOW" think. People say "WOW" and get one, only too lose luster with it. I know tons of people woh own WIIs that sit there and collect dust, simply because of the design and how much it takes to play a game. Most people I know dont use it at all useless theres a party going on, drunk people + WII = gooo times :D

However, I think that refining the current console controls is a must. What better way to get people to buy you're console than to make something thats familiar and easy to adapt to. I would like to see a mouse and keyboard attached to a console (which do infact excist) but arent compatible with a lot of games. PC players who use a mouse and keyboard have a level of accuracy and view control that cannot be achieved by console players who play with the console handle controler thing.

For instance, I get stomped (bad) everytime playing Halo 3 with my friends on XLive but set me infront of a computer with fire up Unreal Tournament 3 and ill rip headshots like theres no tomorrow.

To sum it up, the full body motion thing is a fad, and fads come and go.

Mouse and keyboard FTW :D

Oh Microsoft, those silly silly bastards.

If they're going for world domination, I really hope they dont embarrase themselves like they did with Windows Vista.

That would cause for some serious laughter.

Yeah, I bought a notebook with vista STARTER, noticing it was bad. But the worse part is I HAVE to activate the vista using the internet, while they don't even give my notebook a Internet Explorer (maybe it's a problem with the seller, but) $700 for that !!! Maybe it's the problem with the one who sell it (I got it for low price anyway), but I don't need to wait long until I decide to install XP instead.

In my opinion, the WII is a "WOW" think. People say "WOW" and get one, only too lose luster with it. I know tons of people woh own WIIs that sit there and collect dust, simply because of the design and how much it takes to play a game. Most people I know dont use it at all useless theres a party going on, drunk people + WII = gooo times biggrin.gif
Glad I don't buy Wii, but my cousin buy it. So I don't need to waste money on something bad, even Super Mario Galaxy is not bad. THE OTHER GAMES STINKS !!! (except maybe Resident Evil 4)
Mouse and keyboard FTW biggrin.gif
YES IT IS !!!! (This maybe a stupid question but I just can't think how a guy play first person shooter with X360. Isn't that impossible ? How they do it anyway ?)But I'm still expecting Project Natal, hopes it's good.

But my opinion, we're going to look like idiots when playing that, maybe Microsoft wants to make a closed room and privacy required. If you want a good experience, I suggest learn self hypnosis, lucid dreaming or astral projection. That'll do nicely.

I agree! My 4 gamer buddies (all play Gears of War 2 online and Halo 3 online) they are all just disgusting with these controllers, when I cant hit a still target. I always spanked hard playing with them. I dont own any consoles, so the only time I play with them is when were all hanging out together and have a bunch of Xboxes wired to eachother. I personally love my computer :D

But vise versa, while Im always wowed by their skill with the contoller, I do the same to them with the mouse and keyboard. Especially on UT3 (even though its a incomplete game) Headshot headshot headshot.

Just once I wanna hook a mouse and keyboard up to a 360 and school everyone playing Halo 3 online haha.

Ultimate vengeance for contant defeats haha

I don't like this newfangled "motion sensor" crap. If people want to run around and exercise, they can take a walk. I don't see the attraction in imitating real-life motions in a video game.

Keeping it old-fashioned will appeal to older gamers (I mean above middle-aged). I doubt that such people would have the patience or the energy to maintain prolonged periods of physical activity to get along in a game. Most would rather sit down and relax, just moving their hands/fingers.

And I honestly don't see the attraction in such a thing. I know I've mentioned this, but I cannot comprehend at all. Standing for an hour, going through the motions of driving a car? Ugh.

How about fighting games? Would you have to kick and punch air? I don't know about others, but my attraction in such games, and the beauty of such games, is mostly mastering the button presses, movements and combos.

The real heart of gaming is in keyboards and controllers and joysticks.

With all the problems with the 360 already i bet there is going to be a lag issue or something like that, or it would take double a batterys lol, how anoying would that be, its bound to happen. Anyway its a cool idea, wrong company :verymad: .

I have a 360 and i had nothing but problems with it, i took it back to get it repard 3 times and it still overheats, tell they smarten up and fix their buggy console, witch is the first to ever have this much of a failure rate, its sad really. Untel they fix it i am not buying another console from them ever or "attachment" again.

i will redirect you to this thread, and see for yourself how many people hate it, i am not alone.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=107060

When I play a game, I just want to relax, and don't move my whole body and stand behind the TV as a morron, doing karate kicks, with people looking through your windows, thinking that you may have gone nuts.

(I posted thisin the 'XBox 360 Going Downhill' Thread, but it's what i've got to say here too. And your first paragraph is incorrect.)

The problem with the Natal, and all motion sensor consoles/games, is that on the whole when you play a game you want to be relaxing to some degree, not waving your arms around like a madman in a moshpit. Hence motion sensors will never become more popular than old fashioned controllers. Regardless of the accuracy and quality of the remotes, I simply can't be arsed to play on a wii after getting home from school, this is why the best game on the wii is SSBB, a game that doesn't utilize the motion sensors.

The wii doesn't get this quite so much as the Natal will, because it's targeted mainly at younger, more energetic children, whereas the Natal is targeted at the notoriously lazy teen/young adult market.

Just think of something like PS3's High Volocity Bowling without the controller or Flower. just simple hand movements can be a cool thing, not your hole body thats just lame. Simple actions like swinging your arms standing up or movings your hands around for that added realism, this is not going to sell very well be because it is to much like work to play it. You can do this in everyday life, go outside and play a sport, same concept lol.

I think it would have been really cool to play something like ps3's High Volocity Bowling Without a controller, then again you can go bowling for real, its to close.

Reminds me of the oldschool Nintento Power Pad. Wasn't there something for Gamecube or PS that was also a motion capture thingy?

Ultimately it comes down to practicality in usage with the technology available. Sure, it might get better at being able to recognize motion, but for anyone who happens to notice you through the window, and isn't aware of what you're doing, you could look like an outright idiot. Atleast with the Wii, it's obvious that you're playing a game by shaking around the controller. God forbid they make any ero games for the system o_O. Long story short, if you have to have the blinds down to do anything, it probably isn't something most would want to do.

There are also some significant "big brother" type issues here. LIVE is bad enough.