Photoshop CS2 won't let me save file as TGA

RangerBoo

Is there a space or some special character in the name you're trying to save ?

No. I'm trying to save a LOD textures alpha channel as 32 bit TGA. I have unstalled and reinstalled my photoshop and plugins but to no aveil. :wallbash:

What am I doing wrong I wonder?

Edited by RangerBoo

I'm afraid I can't be of real help, I've never played with LOD textures or Tga.

I can only point to tutorial, with the hope it can be useful to you.

http://tutorials.robbiegee.com/ps_tga.htm

Thanks. I give it a try. However I need to convert the dds file into a tga in photoshop which for some reason it won't like me do. I hope I can find the soultion to this problem.

Edited by RangerBoo

Hmm, what exactly is the problem, the option to save it as a targa isn't there or it won't save the alpha?

It won't like me save as targa even though I have the pluggins needed. If someone can give me a detailed step by step guide on saving an alpha dds file as 32 bit TGA that would be wonderful.

Edited by RangerBoo

... Alright, I'm going to assume you mean that the option isn't there which means that you're doing something wrong or you have the wrong plugin..

The only plugin you need is for the dds file * and if this is the plugin you have, then it's all good.

* - Unless you are using an early version of photoshop, which doesn't come with a the option to save as a targa by default. You didn't specify what version of PS you have, but if you need a plugin for it, I can only assume you have one that's earlier than 7. If that's your case, the only suggestion I have is to get the one from Adobe's site. I apologize if that's the one you already have, but again, you didn't mention where you got your plugins.

Since you mentioned converting a DDS file, make sure you load your DDS with these settings.

12631898303_ba53b93d59_o.jpg
Make sure it's set to RGB colours and not something else, by default it should already be set to this.

12626666374_344e1faa98_o.jpg

After that, you should be able to save as a targa.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/12626666144_c8c012c11a_o.jpg
And finally, just choose the 32 bit like you wanted.

12631761815_76c03c7155_o.jpg
Edited by ArekkusuStorm

... Alright, I'm going to assume you mean that the option isn't there which means that you're doing something wrong or you have the wrong plugin..

If this is the plugin you have, then it's all good.

Since you mentioned converting a DDS file, make sure you load your DDS with these settings.

12631898303_ba53b93d59_o.jpg
Make sure it's set to RGB colours and not something else, by default it should already be set to this.

12626666374_344e1faa98_o.jpg

After that, you should be able to save as a targa.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/12626666144_c8c012c11a_o.jpg
And finally, just choose the 32 bit like you wanted.

12631761815_76c03c7155_o.jpg

OMG!!! THANK YOU! You are a life saver! :laugh: I'll be sure to give you credit in my mod( if it comes out I hope).