Black Hand/Dark Brotherhood Trouble

dramaking444

Morning chaps,

Well, looks like I've been having a few problems lately.

Most recently, a DB puzzle.

Lucian Lachance has sent me to kill the Khajit J'Ghasta, residing in Bruma. He's the one that is a master in hand-to-hand and has payed off the guards to allow us to brawl in the streets.

Anyway, here's the deal; he's not there. I've spent a whole 24hrs at his house and he never comes in. I've returned a day, a week, a month later and still no sign of him.

It's especially irritating due to my vampirism. It's difficult to get to his house during the day.

Anyone know where's he's dissapeared to? Or anything I can do to get him back? Much obliged :thumbsup:

Regards,

DK444

Sometimes using a console command to advance part of a quest will break another part. Have you used any console commands while the DB quests were active?

Also, rarely, an NPC can manage to get themselves killed off before you get to them. There is a certain Orc that is famous for this. Or you may inadvertently kill them before starting the quest.

And, a mod may have managed to do something with him - again inadvertently.

First, be sure that the quest is the active one when looking for him. Then look at the mods. Try loading an older save to see if he is there then.

*smacks self in face*...

Thanks guys.

Bethesda's hand-holding map markers have gradually taught me to use absolutely no initiative what-so-ever to complete a quest. I'm amazed they didn't put a massive green pointed marker over the *secret* door as they so often do.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

DK444

• 11 years later...

I am to the stage where I have to wait until midnight to talk to Arquen to be transported to the Lucky Old Lady shrine. I have spoken to her every 10 minutes from midnight til 0300.I keep getting the 'when darkness comes we'll be transported'. I went to Bravil initiated dialogue with the LoL, went back to Applewatch and...no change. I can't complete the quest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I am to the stage where I have to wait until midnight to talk to Arquen to be transported to the Lucky Old Lady shrine. I have spoken to her every 10 minutes from midnight til 0300.I keep getting the 'when darkness comes we'll be transported'. I went to Bravil initiated dialogue with the LoL, went back to Applewatch and...no change. I can't complete the quest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Open the console and enter the command getstage Dark17Following . If it reports 40 then you are at the correct stage for that part of the quest to trigger, but if it isn't one thing I can think of is you haven't read (or maybe you need to take ... the UESP Wiki isn't clear on this detail) the Traitor's Diary found in the Anvil Lighthouse basement (in which case the console command would probably be reporting stage 26).

I took and read the diary and his mother's head then, dropped her head in front of him at Applewatch. He doesn't like that. I have done this quest at least a dozen times. This is the first time I've had a problem with it. Thanks for your suggestions, I'll keep trying.

I input the console command "getstage dark17following", and it shows me at stage 40.

Btw, my kids and grandkids call me older than dirt (I'm 76). Also. the older I get the less the possible sentence of life in prison is a deterrent.

Edited by Agatana

So for whatever reason when you speak to Arquen the quest isn't advancing to stage 100 (which completes Dark17Following). When you speak to Arquen make sure to check for other dialogue options hidden down at the bottom until you scroll down (I've been bitten that way before).

The only other thing I can suggest is to use the console to advance to stage 100 (setstage Dark17Following 100) but do that while in Applewatch not elsewhere. If it works you should know right away because you'll be transported to Bravil.

So flip the numbers around and you've got my version of dirt to be older than. I do like your take on the lessening deterrent of prison time ... never know when I may commit a little plagiarism. :laugh:

Thanks, I'll try talking to her again. If that doesn't work I'll use the console command. Appreciate your help with this.

Where do I go in the Wiki to get these console commands?

When I told my younguns about age no longer being a deterrent they sort of laughed then asked if I was planning anything :laugh: