Cut-scenes..or well more of a talk really

mysticcro

Well i been asking uncle Google few things but it seems he is a bit old for these types of things or he does not know it..i wonder if he is a modder ..

Well i am wondering HOW..to..Make cut-scenes and no i mean not in VIDEO sense..i mean like at certain quest when you arrive at CERTAIN spot..player controls will disable and you will watch how other character talk..when their talk is done players control enable and you can continue the quest..

I know for player controls it is a simple matter of enable player controls and disable but what about the rest of it?

If anyone would be kind enough to explain this to me or give me an example or how to do it, or even provide me with link i would be grateful ..

Thanks in advance. :pinch:

They're not exactly easy to make.... lots and lots and lots of scripting. That's why there's so few of them in mods.

DIsablePlayerControls is a start. From there, you have to use scripts to make NPCs do what you need them to.

Quite often, I'll have AI packages that direct NPCs to go to a particular spot, with a getstage condition. I set the quest stage via script and then have every NPC "EvaluatePackage".

For speeches, you can use the Say command:

set Timer to NPCRef.Say SpeechObject 1 NPCObject 1

You'll have to be familiar with using the GetSecondsPassed command to make the script perform the next action once the sentence is finished...

Feel free to pull apart KOTNR15QuestScript to see how I scripted the meeting with Queen Alessia. Note that there are further script commands within each speech object!

As I said - not exactly easy.

I see, sounds hard indeed, oh well..i have a will to learn so i suppose it wont be that hard. I learned rather a lot in just matter of days..so i hope it wont be that much of a problem.

And thanks i will do so and get example out of it to create my own. Appreciated. !