Steam 'popup' on the screen corner won't go away

TheStrangerPJM

So after playing Skyrim for a while, I thought I'd return to a classic that I loved playing back when I was an xbox gamer: Dragon Age Origins. I took advantage of the deal for the "Ultimate Edition" and have successfully validated all of my authorization codes, so no issue there. I figured it would be fun to mod the game with some of the enhanced graphics and other content that the community has brought forth to other games like the TES series.
I haven't gotten to install any mods yet, and that's because I'm having a devil of a time getting past the opening sequence. Not because can't play, but because of this:

A Steam Pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner that NEVER goes away, even when I smash every shift+key combination available, says this:

"This steam game requires multiple product keys.
When the game asks for one, you can press
Shift+Key Pad - to view your product...

Press Shift+Key Pad - to close this message"

Unless my basic knowledge of PC gaming has somehow gone entirely out the window from the hour it took me to transition from modding/playing skyrim on Legendary to now, I believe I've got a grasp on what steam calls the "keypad." Pressing shift+any button does nothing, and the message box appears even during the tutorial level, blocking in-game messages that are probably telling me how to play the game and what the control config is.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did they fix it?