aaronz12345

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mod looks really cool, but if I may, I do have just one minor quibble - the two buildings toward the bottom of the screenshots don't match the ruined versions (one story, ranch style buildings instead of multi-story office building) and you added cliff pieces instead of similar buildings next to the highway leading to California (great for blocking out LOD). That said, I have a couple of ideas for you to kick around:

Long 15

1. Since this is the main pipeline leading from NCR territory to the Mojave, there should be random caravans going to and fro.

2. It would be nice to have some armored patrols doing the same.

3. The wiki for the area has some interesting tidbits, including the fact that some vertibirds that crashed in the area are of Enclave markings - might be cool to have a secret enclave base somewhere nearby. If you're going to make a quest mod, then having a hidden Remnant base in the area could have some interesting story choices - from an attacking foe to helping to forge a treaty for a possible NCR ally.

4. Again, depending on whether you are just making a static location or a fully-fledged quest mod, you can have everything from having the player start up their own caravan; investigating the murder of a prostitute (you're definitely going to need a saloon or two in the area); fending off Legion saboteurs; repairing equipment; etc.

Drywells

1. Other than a well organized Legion camp, perhaps laid out in straight lines, I can't really come up with anything to help you layout wise.

2. Might be cool to have a crossover quest where a young girl is kidnapped and the player has to travel to Dry Wells to save her.

3. One quest I would really like to see is the player finding a remnant of the Twisted Hairs that are making guerrilla attacks on the area. Some connection with the Ulysses companion mod would be great, as an optional way to convince Ulysses to join up. The 27 year gap between the pacification of the Twisted Hairs by the Legion and the events of New Vegas would have to be explained though, as would why nobody found them in that time.

Well, looking forward to the release, good luck!

Holy crap that's amazing, March 16 huh, guess that will be enough time for me to get a new laptop(one that doesn't have a dual core processor that cant process sh*t)

Sure it does, just tweek the ini file.

And! install CCF explorer and change so the fallout exe can access more then 2GB ram

how do I use the cff explorer to edit that value?

This mod looks really cool, but if I may, I do have just one minor quibble - the two buildings toward the bottom of the screenshots don't match the ruined versions (one story, ranch style buildings instead of multi-story office building) and you added cliff pieces instead of similar buildings next to the highway leading to California (great for blocking out LOD). That said, I have a couple of ideas for you to kick around:

Long 15

1. Since this is the main pipeline leading from NCR territory to the Mojave, there should be random caravans going to and fro.

3. The wiki for the area has some interesting tidbits, including the fact that some vertibirds that crashed in the area are of Enclave markings - might be cool to have a secret enclave base somewhere nearby. If you're going to make a quest mod, then having a hidden Remnant base in the area could have some interesting story choices - from an attacking foe to helping to forge a treaty for a possible NCR ally.

4. Again, depending on whether you are just making a static location or a fully-fledged quest mod, you can have everything from having the player start up their own caravan; investigating the murder of a prostitute (you're definitely going to need a saloon or two in the area); fending off Legion saboteurs; repairing equipment; etc.

Drywells

1. Other than a well organized Legion camp, perhaps laid out in straight lines, I can't really come up with anything to help you layout wise.

2. Might be cool to have a crossover quest where a young girl is kidnapped and the player has to travel to Dry Wells to save her.

3. One quest I would really like to see is the player finding a remnant of the Twisted Hairs that are making guerrilla attacks on the area. Some connection with the Ulysses companion mod would be great, as an optional way to convince Ulysses to join up. The 27 year gap between the pacification of the Twisted Hairs by the Legion and the events of New Vegas would have to be explained though, as would why nobody found them in that time.

Well, looking forward to the release, good luck!

Thanks for the feedback firstly!

On what you have said:

On your first comment , on why I didn't use the office block styled buildings.They are extremely out of place in a desert outpost and there is only 1 type of model. Which is destroyed, bearing in mind this is in the middle of the desert and wouldn't have been impacted by the nukes much at all it wouldn't make sense having ruined office block styled buildings.Also they stick out like a sore thumb against the rest of it and I wanted a Mojave outpost type feel to it.

I believe Bethesda placed the buildings around the crater for the reason you mentioned why I should use them,to help with the LOD and as a mean of blocking access.They have no actual sense being there as why would there be random high risers and office blocks in the middle of the desert at a military outpost?

Those are just my opinions.

Now on to your ideas.

Long 15

The first two you mentioned are great but I already was planning on the implementation of these once the main exterior and all interiors are finished then work can begin on NPC's ,quests etc.

The enclave Idea however I had not thought of and sounds pretty interesting ; I have left a way of expanding the area by a road not visible in the pictures which is blocked by another road block so in the future there is possibility of implementing an Enclave base hopefully!

Dry Wells

Currently there is little work done on Dry Wells as I'm solely working on the Long 15 at the moment but what you have said sounds interesting and any other idea's which may help in the future would be appreciated!

Anyway thank you for the feedback and the idea's , make sure you keep checking the Nexus in a couple weeks for the Alpha release!

:D

Thanks

Aaron

Long 15

1. Agreed

2. Agreed, but keep in mind the NCR heavy troopers are mostly used for defense. You could have some rangers or troopers patrolling the area.

3. It's theorized that those are NCR vertibirds and that Obsidian was to lazy to slap on an NCR flag. Personally I would rather see the NCR with some landed vertibirds than have a cheesy quest where you have to go hunt down some Enclave.

4. Starting up your own caravan quest would be pretty lengthy and time consuming to create. I don't believe the area would be big enough (atleast from what I can tell in the pictures) for more than one bar/saloon, but even then it may seem squished in and out of place. Maybe instead investigate a trooper/caravan guard/merchant death because prostitution is illegal in the NCR. I like the idea of trying to find a legion spy in the base (This could tie into the murder quest e.g. the legion spy paid/blackmailed the person to kill the victim to throw an investigator off the spy's trail), but having legion troops attack an NCR base so far into California doesn't seem very lore friendly.

This mod looks really cool, but if I may, I do have just one minor quibble - the two buildings toward the bottom of the screenshots don't match the ruined versions (one story, ranch style buildings instead of multi-story office building) and you added cliff pieces instead of similar buildings next to the highway leading to California (great for blocking out LOD).

Thanks for the feedback firstly!

On what you have said:

On your first comment , on why I didn't use the office block styled buildings.They are extremely out of place in a desert outpost and there is only 1 type of model. Which is destroyed, bearing in mind this is in the middle of the desert and wouldn't have been impacted by the nukes much at all it wouldn't make sense having ruined office block styled buildings.Also they stick out like a sore thumb against the rest of it and I wanted a Mojave outpost type feel to it.

I believe Bethesda placed the buildings around the crater for the reason you mentioned why I should use them,to help with the LOD and as a mean of blocking access.They have no actual sense being there as why would there be random high risers and office blocks in the middle of the desert at a military outpost?

Those are just my opinions.

Anyway thank you for the feedback and the idea's , make sure you keep checking the Nexus in a couple weeks for the Alpha release!

:D

Thanks

Aaron

Hand wave it as a large ruined city in the distance that was on ground so badly damaged by the war, the foundation it sat on was in point lookout style, ready to blow. You can put a large city in the distance past the outpost to back it up.

Long 15

1. Agreed

2. Agreed, but keep in mind the NCR heavy troopers are mostly used for defense. You could have some rangers or troopers patrolling the area.

3. It's theorized that those are NCR vertibirds and that Obsidian was to lazy to slap on an NCR flag. Personally I would rather see the NCR with some landed vertibirds than have a cheesy quest where you have to go hunt down some Enclave.

4. Starting up your own caravan quest would be pretty lengthy and time consuming to create. I don't believe the area would be big enough (atleast from what I can tell in the pictures) for more than one bar/saloon, but even then it may seem squished in and out of place. Maybe instead investigate a trooper/caravan guard/merchant death because prostitution is illegal in the NCR. I like the idea of trying to find a legion spy in the base (This could tie into the murder quest e.g. the legion spy paid/blackmailed the person to kill the victim to throw an investigator off the spy's trail), but having legion troops attack an NCR base so far into California doesn't seem very lore friendly.

I do agree with your third point as an Enclave based quest would be out of place but maybe just an addition for fun.The fact the Lovebirds have Enclave symbols on in my opinion is also because of laziness as Obsidian were VERY lazy in the creation of fallout New Vegas. :)

Currently Navmeshing the exterior Area , so will be able to start populating the exterior soon with some NPC's.

As A progress check I'd say:

The Exterior: 70% Complete

Interiors: 20% Complete

And here's a nice picture of ol' Colonel Royez :wink:

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k389/HONEYB4DGER/2014-03-02_00002_zpsdfc8b666.jpg