In heartfire we get the chance to adopt children, and have them live in our home. And as many vanilla NPCS they are repeatable. In their "fights" they use the same words over and over again. They are nice and might get you items, and drag home every adorable animal they can find. Yet, they are too simple.

So what's my suggestion?

My suggestion is a "ultimate" child pack. Or even just ONE child which don't keep on the same thing. There are absolutely NONE real children mods. Those that is made is normal voiced children which might be another race. Myself and surely a lot of other Skyrim Hearthfire players want such a mod where i come home to my boy/girl who might adore or hate me depending on how i've been close to him/her.

Should Include:

-a complete personality

-A tell topic, where you can tell stories of your adventures. quests, guilds, books, etc.

-Voiced or no, we want one (altough we would prefer voiced)

-One who don't repeat, one who stand out from the vanilla children.

-Complete topics with branching dialogs and such.

-A friend system?

-Perhaps a quest?

-Training, in maybe the lute? or maybe even wooden swords!

That would be my suggestion atleast. please, feel free to comment. If you support this idea, do tell...

And just a heads up. If people really want such a mod, you nearly have to tell. The demand for such a mod is unknown, so modders ain't sure it would be worth the time. So, if this get attention, the mod get attention.

-Lageron

Edited by Lageron1

- you can send them to school like lockpicking school, bard school, smithing school, etc school depending on their interest.

- there's a chance they get kidnapped if you send them to school alone.

- they actually graduate and show their skills to you, such as lockpicking you can take them with you to unlock locks, perform for you if they choose bard, or make you weapons if they choose smithing.

Why not? If i had even a tad of understanding for the creation kit i would try to make such a mod. who care for size when you can make a unique one-of-a-kind mod like this which is wanted!

Edited by Lageron1

And maybe, instead of school, the guilds or whatever faction in the city can affect him/her? The companions ain't known to take in students, but maybe Eorlund? The bards college won't send her to a cave, but she might grow an admiration for musicians? And the thieves guild... well... brynjolf tried to get my child into the thieves guild... Anyway, that's my suggestion.

This is a cool idea. I especially like the idea of being able to train your child to fight. It would be awesome to equip a wooden sword and "training" shield with your child so you can practice with them or teach them magic or how to shoot/ hunt. It would be even cooler if they grew up and you got to take them out on the field as a companion, but sadly there are no teenage models to use in order for that to make sense.

Or even just being able to give the child chores while you are away on campaign. It makes sense for a child of that age to have a number of responsibilities around the homestead such as; planting / harvesting crops, collecting herbs from nearby, hunting game for food (this can tie into the fighting training mentioned above) looking for alchemic ingredients or even crafting basic things at a forge. This way, after a certain time has elapse when you come home you may find a "child's chest" which will contain items he/ she has collected. This can include meat, leather, herbs, food, etc)

This is a cool idea. I especially like the idea of being able to train your child to fight. It would be awesome to equip a wooden sword and "training" shield with your child so you can practice with them or teach them magic or how to shoot/ hunt. It would be even cooler if they grew up and you got to take them out on the field as a companion, but sadly there are no teenage models to use in order for that to make sense.

Or even just being able to give the child chores while you are away on campaign. It makes sense for a child of that age to have a number of responsibilities around the homestead such as; planting / harvesting crops, collecting herbs from nearby, hunting game for food (this can tie into the fighting training mentioned above) looking for alchemic ingredients or even crafting basic things at a forge. This way, after a certain time has elapse when you come home you may find a "child's chest" which will contain items he/ she has collected. This can include meat, leather, herbs, food, etc)

Well, technicaly, i know of one "teen" model. Im not even sure shes that age, but Tindra from the vilja mod looks a bit like a teen, don't she? If only someone would actually make a mod like this.

Indeed!! I stopped adopting kids just because after a while they become a nuisance and get boring. It's like "yeah, I know I'm home. Here is some junk I found. No I can't play with you right now I'm busy crafting." It would be really cool to have a little apprentice you can shape!

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting idea, but I have no idea how much demand there might be in the modding community to justify spending all the time required to make a mod like this. But it isn't hard. Read some tutorials, watch some videos, learn to create an NPCs, and how to add dialogues, and voicing. I'm telling you, simply creating an NPC, putting him/her in the world and adding simple dialogue is very easy.

I am a modder (made several custom voiced companions, house mods, magic, quests, and others). If I can learn, so can any of you.

Peace