This is interesting idea, but I have no idea how much demand there might be in the modding community to justify spending all the time required to make a mod like this. But it isn't hard. Read some tutorials, watch some videos, learn to create an NPCs, and how to add dialogues, and voicing. I'm telling you, simply creating an NPC, putting him/her in the world and adding simple dialogue is very easy.

I am a modder (made several custom voiced companions, house mods, magic, quests, and others). If I can learn, so can any of you.

Peace

OK, but just one question. If, it got shown that there were a demand for such a mod, would you then consider making such a mod?

This is interesting idea, but I have no idea how much demand there might be in the modding community to justify spending all the time required to make a mod like this. But it isn't hard. Read some tutorials, watch some videos, learn to create an NPCs, and how to add dialogues, and voicing. I'm telling you, simply creating an NPC, putting him/her in the world and adding simple dialogue is very easy.

I am a modder (made several custom voiced companions, house mods, magic, quests, and others). If I can learn, so can any of you.

Peace

Hey, there's a new Quest for you Anduniel. Andie get's pregnant, and so player gets to run around for nine months fetching berries, massaging feet and getting yelled at, followed by the dangers of raising a youngster in a meadery filled with brawling alcoholics.

• 2 weeks later...

Or even just making a child with a lot more variety in responses / responding to various triggers from quests you have done, items you have etc. I'd love to see an Expanded Version of My Little Khajiit. Even if I find that adopting children in Skyrim is a bit of a strange concept if your character is always out adventuring.

Awesome idea for a mod related to this If I do say so myself- Books that you can "read" to your children, where you enter into the world of the book and complete a quest which is the story you read out !! (Preferably non-violent unless stereotypical Dragon Slaying Fantasy). Edit: I have no idea why the font in this has turned into different colours for some of the words.

• 10 months later...

Alright, So, This topic is really old, But i think i found a mod that adds atleast one child. And that is Interesting Npc's. There's a child in Riften (usually around the market square) who is adoptable if you say the right things. And if you do the wrong she will call you a Daedra licker! :P Ah well, This is the only thing i've found that fits the old description.

I like your idea especially the "tell a story about your adventures" idea,I really want this mod because I want to spend time with my children but everytime I try to stay home at proudspire manor I get bored because of the lack interaction with my wife and child

Edited by tomray94

Alright, So, This topic is really old, But i think i found a mod that adds atleast one child. And that is Interesting Npc's. There's a child in Riften (usually around the market square) who is adoptable if you say the right things. And if you do the wrong she will call you a Daedra licker! :tongue: Ah well, This is the only thing i've found that fits the old description.

OMG that brat is adoptable?! You made my day sir!

You have no idea how much I wanted to adopt her! I used to talk to her everyday and thinking "I wish if this brat was adoptable!"

Edited by Boombro

• 3 months later...

Alright, So, This topic is really old, But i think i found a mod that adds atleast one child. And that is Interesting Npc's. There's a child in Riften (usually around the market square) who is adoptable if you say the right things. And if you do the wrong she will call you a Daedra licker! :tongue: Ah well, This is the only thing i've found that fits the old description.

OMG that brat is adoptable?! You made my day sir!

You have no idea how much I wanted to adopt her! I used to talk to her everyday and thinking "I wish if this brat was adoptable!"

Just try not to be "creepy" and try to convince her youre a master thief when she gets to the pier to remember her mom and you'll do fine.

Basically what you want is custom voice acted child followers, similar to Vilja, Inigo, Sofia, etc. I agree this is also lacking in-game. I would like to see more beast race children followers as well, as long as we're on the subject. There are some good beast race adoptable child NPCs, but they cannot be made to be followers correctly, & the mod authors do not seem to be interested in updating them to be followers.

I have thought about trying this myself, but it's an area of modding I know absolutely nothing about. But, if anyone does decide to do this, I do have a school mod already made which could be further developed to incorporate a lot of these ideas. Dragons Keep is a boarding school mod that was created as an immersive way to give orphaned children & custom child NPCs a place to live once you ran out of available adoption slots, by recruiting them as students with the child follower mod of your choice & assigning the school as their new home.

Right now there are probably 60 - 100 added student NPCs attending classes, taking swimming & diving lessons, practicing magic & archery, & sparring with their wooden swords. But, currently this is all being done with AI packages only. I eventually would like to have each child be unique, with their own name, clothing, & custom voiced dialogue, etc., but these things are beyond my modding skills for now. Early on, I envisioned being able to recruit a child follower & having them assume a daily schedule at the school, with more activities going on, such as taking music class & performing school concerts, going on field trips, & listening to lectures or stories by custom voiced teacher NPCs. I had to cut way back based on my limited modding abilities.

But, I hope someone who knows how to do this would do it. It is sorely lacking in Skyrim. There are a ton of mods out there that do pieces of all this individually (such as various child overhaul mods, child clothing mods, child follower mods, etc.) but we need an incorporated effort to combine all these things into a single mod to create unique child follower mods of every child type & race, with quests, etc.

• 5 years later...