Enroth - A Might and Magic VI Roleplay

AurianaValoria1

Sven was quite sick of his boots by the time he and Jenendiah got to the large fountain that marked the center of town, and positively aching to try on some new footwear by the time they entered The Common Defense, the armor shop quite close to the fountain.

His eyes automatically wavered back and forth between what he deemed to be the best couple of pairs in the entire shop: one black and reaching mid-calve, and the other knee-high and very light tan. He settled on the black ones, finding them more aesthetically pleasing and predicted they'd be less of a bother to put on, with less laces. Now if only he could speak to the shopkeeper.

He struggled to find a subject to talk with Jenendiah about, until he saw that Jenendiah was eyeing a pair of boots which were finely crafted and a rich, deep brown. He opened his mouth and waited a moment before finally, the words began to come out.

"You, er," he paused and the words on his lips nearly retreated back inside his throat, "You should get those. I'm, um... Getting that black pair over there." He pointed.

The shopkeep heard Sven and sent over his daughter, a girl in her mid-teens wearing a casual light blue dress. With curly brown hair and bright blue eyes, she looked to be someone who should be married off by now. However, she walked over to the two boys and placed a hand on her hip, reciting as she most likely did every day, "Can I help you with anything?"

Sven went silent and pointed at the pair of boots he was looking at earlier.

Kelon thanked the cloaked man and followed the rest of the group outside. He took his share of the gold with a nod of appreciation. "I for one will hold onto this for now. A little more and I'll be able to afford some training," He said putting the gold sack into his pack. "So what's our next course of action? Should we check in on town hall, I heard that they're asking for help over there."

Ali put her share of the money into her own pack, following Kelon's lead, "Good idea...so will I. Not much you can buy for this sum. At least not anything good."

Looking around, she noticed the town hall near the bank, and the sorceress nodded, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Wonder what it is they want."

After spending some time speaking with Janice, the New Sorpigal clerk, the two found out that the city officials wanted to make use of the abandoned keep just south of the town, on a hill overlooking the river. The Goblinwatch, as it had been dubbed, was, ironically, now occupied by goblins. The clerk provided the key to the place and promised that any loot they found inside was theirs, so long as they brought back the scroll that held the vault combination. Janice also informed them that they would receive a monetary reward for their services once they returned.

Finally leaving the town hall, Ali glanced about, "All right. Sounds like fun. So where's the others?"

"Ah....er....yeah." Jenendiah agreed with Sven, not sure on what else he could possibly say. He considered the boots before him, and during this process, the shopkeeper's daughter walked over. Six words, and suddenly Jenendiah felt like scuttling under a rock to hide. But since there weren't any big rocks handy, he resorted to squeaking out something along the lines of "Can I buy these?" and then practically shrunk into himself. She looked at him strangely and gave him a bemused little smile and in that instant, Jenendiah decided that he didn't want to crawl under a rock to hide, he wanted to crawl under a mountain to die.

As he bought the boots and beat a hasty retreat out of the shop, Jenendiah looked unhealthily pale.

Edited by Flipout6

Sven stared blankly at Jenendiah's display in the shop and wondered if he himself were that awkward, then decided Jenendiah was way worse. "I'll take that pair over the---"

The shopkeeper's daughter swept aside her long frizzy hair and adjusted a fallen shoulder of her dress, and Sven lost what little cool he had to start with. He swiftly grabbed the boots off the shelf and shoved them into the daughter's arms.

"DON'T TOUCH THE MERCHANDISE!" boomed across the shop in a loud, commanding voice (no wonder the shopkeeper let his daughter handle business), and Sven jumped as he was walking across the shop. He took his coin purse and jammed it down onto the counter with an odd fumble.

Before he knew it, he was the proud owner of a pair of shiny new boots, and raced ahead of Jenendiah to the fountain to see if the others were near. He was going to spend the rest of his money on a new bowstring, but he figured he may as well save up and buy a new bow entirely.

Kelon looked past the town entrance and up at the path to Goblin watch. "So how are we doing this?" He asked as he turned to look back at the group. We kick the door in and keep rushing until it's clear, scout the place out first? Sneak in? I'd much rather we do this as safely as possible, no telling what's waiting for us in there." He said in a serious tone.

Ali put her hands on her hips, "There you two are. Nice boots. Now, we've got a request from the town clerk to take care of some business in the Goblinwatch." She gestured to the towering dark keep on the hill just south of town. "And I'm with Kelon. I have no desire to end up coming out of there with pieces missing."

Turning and beginning to walk towards the gates, the sorceress added, "Let's do a tentative approach...see if anything's waiting outside first. Never know; those goblins may have scouts of their own."

"Oh, thanks," Sven said without another word to Ali. He then silently started following behind her, thinking back to the incident in the store and cursed himself for being so awkward with girls. He could have found a girlfriend!

"Right then." Kelon said as he quietly made his way up the hill to the watchtower. The small keep loomed over head and the sound and smell of goblin activity was everywhere, as quietly as he could he pushed open the door and peeked inside, the entrance was empty so he moved inside.

The entrance bore no furniture and was dimply lit with a few wall mounted torches, he moved down the steps and stood in front of a large door but didn't open it, instead his attention was drawn to the door to his right, as the sound of something scuttling behind it caught his interest. He pressed himself up against the door and put his hand on the handle and waited for the others to line up behind him before he rushed in.

Jenendiah didn't say a word as they got sorted out and left for the watchtower on the hill. He nervous kept his hand on the tip of his old wood axe as they approached the watchtower, to the point of drawing in when they started to head inside. Jenendiah kept his eyes on his surroundings constantly, eyes darting left and right, back and forth.

"I don't like this." He commented to nobody in particular, before realizing that it was more than likely that NONE of them liked this and that his statement was redundant.