Oblivion Lockpicking in Skyrim

HEYT0M

• 1 month later...

So, I've been bugged as all hell about the skyrim lockpicking, I know they stopped using the oblivion method because of legal issues of the game teaching people how to actually pick locks but still, anyway I've fiddled around with SWFs before but I don't think the game actually processes them like SWFs, I think it's more an odd method of micro file structuring given the nature of SWFs so, assuming I'm right, all the orders provided by the game's stock lockpicking menu should technically though I'm not too sure. If I can figure out how the game pulls the functions I might be able to actually rebuild the classical interface, albeit it would require graphical graphical updates because really, it's 2018 it should fit the game's aesthetic and I want to not only have the classical system back but if it works out hand it over to the skyblivion guys because I really do not want to see that system missing in the classical game. I'm not promising anything but I'm at least gonna try see if I can make the back end work, I'd need someone to make a new UI for it given it's apparently meshes that you see in game and I can't do that stuff but if I can at least make this work or get it close to it I'd be happy.

Update: Okay so as it turns out after talking around about what I was planning to do on a few different discord servers, one of the devs of skyblivion already tried this and it turns out it'd be pretty much impossible unless done wit ha lot of effort using SKSE, sorry guys and future readers of this post.

Edited by McFow1er

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im with everyone here. I loved the Oblivion Lock picking mini game. I feel like im playing fallout 3 not Skyrim. Makes me want a open lock dragon shout. Just yell the darn thing open.

BUT i do look back on the Morrowind days fondly. SO if i can't have a fun mini game ill settle for my character fiddling with it and roll dice.

There are mods that set random base value and require skill levels. But I just would like to snap through 100 picks for that 1% chance at a master level lock...With no Fallout 3 lock action.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...