Traditional Knight Armors

Insomniacway

i would love to see more traditional medieval knight style armors on the nexus for male players. armors similar to the Witcher set.

some ideas would be take the above Witcher set (that is my current favorite set) and re texture it, lightening up the steel plating and making it shiny, almost like chrome, darkening the quilted area around the neck almost black, while still maintaining the quality of the armor itself . i've seen one attempt at this on the nexus, but i installed it it was very low resolution and the chain mail was very blurry

more ideas would be to just take the in game steel plate armor, and somehow remove the fur part that hangs between the legs and replace it with something more like what that Witcher set has

i would also like to see this set finished because i really love the helmet on the 6th set, but it appears to have been abandoned

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33641/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D33641%26user%3D1&pUp=1

another would be to the add the fluted armor from demons souls over, many nexus useres are fans of the souls series so it would most likely be very popular

and finally i would really like to see more realistic knight stand alone helmets that are textured well to go along with steel plate armor with the amidianborn re texture package, i really dislike the steel plate helmet and would like to see more knight helms in skyrim

such as

and

another thing i really like is when my players eyes are visible, but a blacked out eye part would be good to add also in case the eyes dont line up so having a variant of each helm would be nice

thanks for reading

Edited by Insomniacway

If you'd like, I could try making the pieces in the witcher mod look better. I also like realistic medieval armor so I may try anyway. I've done it for Skyrim's own armor before.

I dunno if you played Oblivion, but a favorite mod was Phitt's Knight armors. He also made an awesome sallet helm.

Edited by Guest

In addition to the excellent Witcher 2 mod sets for Skyrim, there are other more historical Medieval (as well as Dark Ages/Viking) armor and weapon mods worth checking out:

• The widely acclaimed Immersive Armors mod has a few more historical armor sets, including the Falkreath Knight Armor. It also has some more historical looking shields, such as Norman style kite shields.
  • The Knights of the Nine mod has armor ported from the Oblivion game, but the pot helm looks less real (more oblivion like graphics) than the armor set does.
  • There are a few retexture mods of Knights of the Nine, including Teutonic and Hedge Knight Retexture, as well as a Templar set (and perhaps more knightly orders)
  • Norse Viking Chainmail has several types of chainmail hauberks, as well as some Viking era helmets
  • For weapons, check out The Azincourt and Long Lost Longswords.

Thanks to all the great modders here on Nexus!

@The_funktasm yeah, that would be great, if you Could keep its design but make the plate parts lighter, less scratched up and more reflective. and i really did like oblivion, and i think i have the sallet helm.

@ghosu that's great! you're seriously the best! nexus desperately needs more people making stuff like you do, and much less anime related content. i'm about to try the helmet out now. thanks big time!

@The_funktasm yeah, that would be great, if you Could keep its design but make the plate parts lighter, less scratched up and more reflective. and i really did like oblivion, and i think i have the sallet helm.

@ghosu that's great! you're seriously the best! nexus desperately needs more people making stuff like you do, and much less anime related content. i'm about to try the helmet out now. thanks big time!

I will take a good look at it once I've gotten my current armor mod out of the way. I'd like to make them look at least partially as good they did in their native engine.