(New Vegas) Western/Gunslinger revolver animation?

UnexpectedRoleplayer

• 2 years later...

Sorry for the necro, but I figured it out. This method especially comes in handy if you don't want to alter your gunslinger option when using WAR.

**Be sure to copy and save the affected default game files in a separate folder before overwriting them**

1) download 1st Person Weapon Animation Overhaul by Hitman47101 and grab the 1hpattack5.kf file out of meshes\character\_1stPerson. Paste it in your corresponding game folder and overwrite. Make sure to leave your existing 1hpattack5is.kf file. If you use the 5is file from the WAO mod it will alter the gunslinger pose when shooting (left hand comes up to 2-hand position for a split second).

2) download the Custom Revolver optional from A Better Cass by midtek and grab the 3 files from the Optional Animations folder. Put them in your corresponding game folder and overwrite. This will give you the fanning animation in 3rd person (which is AWESOME).

3) start game and have fun!!

Sorry for the necro, but I figured it out.

I don't think there is anythign to worry about. The prohibition against posting to old threads is really to keep down the signal to noise ratio (duplicate requests etc), and your providing new, useful info.

Thanks for hunting down the animations.

I always wanted a special perk tree for a gunslinger and I think fanning would fit right in. There is a way to force some animations (like reloading) that aren't in the character's limited animation slots, via script. The advantage here is that you would have animations specific to just the player and could work to earn the perk. I have seen it done with reloading animations paired to a specific weapon, so I don't know if it will apply to attack animations.....but worth looking into.