• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,422 posts
Posted Image

I've been through quite a busy period recently; after finishing university I had to move out of my house in Exeter that was my home for several years and back to my parents in Torquay. At the same time my sister was visiting from China with her husband and 14 month old baby ready for my brother's wedding that was the next day on from me being back. The wedding went brilliantly, I don't think it could have gone any better. Similarly the best man speech went down a treat, I've never really had a problem with public speaking and it was nice of my brother to finally admit, after 23 years, that I am indeed the best man. I'm not a big fan of dress-up but I must admit it was nice to wear something more formal for once (pictured right). Having been a student living in a very laid back city for the past four years I've grown used to going out in jeans, smart sneaks and a hoody.

So what now? Living with your parents is never really ideal, even though mine are an absolute breeze to live with, it always feels like you're in a cage. Having said that I'm not kept to anything silly like curfews, haven't done since I was 14, but the worst part is not being able to use my microphone after 11pm so I don't wake them up! Thankfully an opening has come up in a house in Reading with a group of friends who graduated from Exeter a few years back. One of the group is leaving for pastures new which means there's an extremely handy place going spare for me to fill. I like Reading as a city; it's ideally located on the better side of London (for me), it's not in London (which is also a bonus), but located in such a place that getting in to London is very simple. It's like a bigger version of Exeter for me. I'll be moving in to that house as soon as I get back from a much looked forward to holiday in the states in the middle of September, where I'll be visiting the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and, of course, Vegas! I've never been to the west of the states, normally sticking to New England, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll be sure to take lots of one dollar bills and quarters.

Edited by Dark0ne, 18 August 2009 - 04:04 PM.

katashy

katashy

Puffy

• Premium Member
  • 1,108 posts
Well, have a nice holiday in the States. The Grand Canyon is amazing!

Anyway, as always, thanks for running an amazing site!

Magirock

Magirock

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
Glad to read that you're doing fine, Dark! And, as katshy has said, have a nice holiday. Thank you very much for keeping this site running. =)

Queen0fHell

Queen0fHell

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Well, thank you for your great job, Dark0ne. Your sites are just wonderful! After these server moves sites are working much faster, thanks to you and your friends. Good luck with your family affairs and, of course, have a great and pleasant holiday. BTW, Dark0ne, have you ever been to Russian Federation? If not, you should pay us a visit during one of your next holidays. I'm sure, our country is big and vast enough and also got many different places to find something pleasing for everyone. Thank you for everything! You are doing a great job with your sites! Goodbuy and have a nice time!

dezdimona

dezdimona

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,057 posts
wow,you clean up really nice! :)

Illiad86

Illiad86

Stargazer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
hey awesome :) Have fun in Vegas, it's a blast :D

seebee

seebee

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Nice suit. I personally prefer a nice suit to going out in jeans... but obviously dont often wear on to go down the shop!

Wow you go on a lot of holidays dont you?!? You just came back from the last one didnt you?!

Seriously though great work with the site. Being reletively new to oblivion and modding this site is incredible for me and I find myself on it more and more as time goes on!

Anyway enjoy the holiday mate!

dom139

dom139

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
HOLIDAY!!!! im going to france in like 6 days!

Mack Bartz

Mack Bartz

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Your comming to my neck of the woods (Grand Canyon) you will like the west.

conker343qc

conker343qc

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
You'll see , everything is bigger in Vegas ! You gotta see a Cirque du Soleil show. Kha, and " O " are the best choices man. Also, go take a ride in the desert. It's awesome.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.150 seconds