WTF missing meshes

slashnyaoi

I'm getting the lovely 'WTF missing mesh' call out. I think it's related to fire meshes? I've tried selecting them to find the resulting file path, but it's just giving me numbers?

00038d29

00038d23

00038dcd

000307a6

430051a9

270277ff

27001dbf

I have no idea what's this is referancing? Those are just a few of the codes I wrote down.

Ideas?

If that doesn't help right off the bat (I've never used FormID Finder) - here's another way:

Make sure you have obse installed, and while in game, select the missing mesh in the console. You'll know you have it when it comes up with a reference id at the top. That number won't actually help that much in finding the mesh, but if you keep that selected anyhow, obse has the command "showbaseobject", so type that into the console while you have the mesh selected and it will give you the actual number you can use to find the messing mesh.

The first two numbers are entirly dependent on mod load order, so if you pull up Tes4edit, or presumably FormID finder, you'll want to make sure to load all the same exact mods you had running at the time of writing down that number - before you do a search for it.

Tes4edit is useful in that once you find the object that matches the base ID, it shows you a path on the harddrive where it is supposed to be, so you can determine if there are spelling errors or what not

the best mod for solving this is Refscope: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/21862/?

RefScope is a powerful tool that lets you explore the internals of objects in the game. Using RefScope, you can browse through all of the following:

* RefID and FormID of any object you can see or select in the console, as well as map markers on the world map
(Also tells you the name of the ESP or ESM file which defined it)
* FormID of items in inventory, container, barter, spell, and spell-purchase menus
(As above, also tells you the name of the ESP or ESM file which defined it)
* Contents of containers
(Also tells you whether the container is safe for storage)
* Paths of missing mesh and icon files
* NPC, creature, and player equipment
* NPC, creature, and player inventory (including non-playable items)
* NPC, creature, and player spell list
* NPC, creature, and player factions (including hidden ones)
* NPC and creature AI packages
* NPC and player race, class, hair, and eyes
* NPC merchant container, if applicable
* Active, current, and completed quests (including hidden ones)
* Active magic effects (such as spells and diseases) on an NPC or creature
* Parent/child relationships between references
* Which key is needed to unlock a locked container or door