[RELZ] Nagaia Molag, dungeon and quest mod

Craddok

I just released Nagaia Molag, a relatively simple quest that leads the player through a medium-sized Ayleid Ruin. The mod was designed to be extremely lore friendly (to the point of making some very obscure TES historical references and littering the place with translatable Ayleid text), and to fit seemlessly into Cyrodiil.

Description:

The call has gone out for experienced mercenaries looking to make some coin. An untouched ayleid ruin has just been uncovered at the mouth of the Brenna River, and the expedition set to explore it is in dire need of sellswords to defend workers and scholars from the unknown dangers of this long buried tomb. But while the expedition toils away, another force is at work in the long-lost depths of the Fire King's tomb.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/44936/?

Thanks Vyper, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

You're welcome. I always enjoy a good dungeon crawl. :D

Encounter any issues?

The only "issue" I encountered was a floating instance of ARSarcophagus01 in the first level. It's within one of the four instances of ESSubSpace1800x3200x300. The exact cell coordinates of the mesh in question are:

X: 9088

Y: 1792

Z: 5744

I manually changed the Z coordinate to 5735.5850 to match the others in the room.

As "issues" go, it's a very minor one. The developers themselves left many such issues in the game. :tongue:

Ah damn, and I was so careful with those sarcophagi to avoid texture flicker. I'm tempted to release a new version just to fix that (I'm uh, a bit of a perfectionist). But as you said, that's a minor issue. Glad to hear you didn't run into anything worse. And thank you for giving me so much detail on the sarcophagus, you made it trivial to find and fix.

And yeah, the developers certainly did.

(I'm uh, a bit of a perfectionist).

I can tell. :thumbsup: The amount of detail you put into this is great! I really enjoyed checking out all the Ayleid tablets and their translations, especially the mention of what Hadhuul was doing so far from Ceyatatar.

But as you said, that's a minor issue.

Indeed it is. And it could be explained away as a side effect of decaying Ayleid magic. Since they used magic so extensively, it's likely some spells remain active, but with unintended side effects caused by their decay.

And thank you for giving me so much detail on the sarcophagus, you made it trivial to find and fix.

You're welcome. :D I figure the easier I can make an issue to find, the easier it is for it to be fixed.