Choose the Jarl in the Holds of Skyrim

Ravenlash

I have searched all over the internet, but haven't found any answers to my question.

Is there a way to change (personally) the Jarls?

Example:

After the Civil War (Stormcloak Side) Jarl Balgruff is removed and Vignar Gray-Mane becomes Jarl.

Now I wish for Jarl Balgruff to remain as Jarl after the Civil War. Now most of you will say "If you do not wish for Jarl Balgruff to be removed, choose the Imperials!". Agreed, yet if you choose the Imperials, who becomes Jarl of Riften "Maven BitchBriar" (Whom I believe everyone despises, including me).

Therefore, I'm in search for a mod, or a mod to be created or console commands if need be. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. Also there is a mod which allows this BUT its really buggy

- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41087/? -

Thanks,

Ravenlash/ King Dirp

• 1 month later...

I second this. I absolutely hate the fact that it is mandatory to hand over markarth to the Stormcloaks, and the silverblood to own it, the very ones to imprison me and I got out of jail from. The old jarl was much more reasonable and less despicable, plus his housecarl has a charmingly humorous love interest with the local wizard, I felt so damn awful after realizing this. The only plus I got out of season unending was when I booted the old jarl of winterhold, finally got some bloody optimism and tolerance up there which will surely lead back to the hold's repair, Sill need to boot out that scummy dawnstar jarl. Point is, I want to either remain neutral or the complete ruler while maintaining these pleasurable leaders, that become high king mod seems like a good suggestion, but I'm hearing it is no longer supported/abandoned and its got some worrying bugs as the starter of this thread has mentioned.

Edited by dmastermanga

I support this. I really hated it when I discovered Maven takes over in riften when you side with the imperials. And knowing you leave a lunatic on the Dawnstar throne and a lazy racist (no, ulfric is not a lazy racist, he's just a racist) on the winterhold one, after freeing Skyrim isn't a very nice feeling either.

Just to point out some examples of people I would like them to be changed with. I would say Aerin or Mjoll should become the Jarl of Riften, they actually want good things to happen with the city. For Dawnstar it would be a little more difficult because the only fitting person I can think of is Brina Merilis but she's a legionnaire so that takes her out of the picture when siding with the stormcloaks. As for Winterhold; the shop or innkeeper perhaps, they don't seem to have any problem with the college and don't seem to have any alliance either so (because maybe if the jarl would stop blaming the college of the great collapse, the mages would consider helping rebuilding the damn city)

Anyway, good idea.

Thats war yo, sucks balls.

But...I really did like Jarl Balgruuf, I thought he was a fine leader of men.

I get whatcha mean Jee, but if war be war, shouldn't I be all like, gatherin mah crew, getting sum homies, I'm the moffin borned-dragon boi here, who I thunk is kehwl and who aint shud matta.That gringo sent me to jail, like heeeyl I'm lettin him wear himself like a pimp and mess up dah throne I got from the whoh.

Now, that my failed attempt at gangster spelling has concluded, to the point, you can also think of so many directions this war could go to if it actually worked like as strategic and immersive or at least get as close to it as realistically possible with the given abilities and previous tasks which has been building up to your expectation of becoming a renowned, respected and powerful being , especially when you're controlling such a pivotal world, culture and circumstance changing dragon pimp who has killed immortal tyrants and beaten his dragon hoes by shouting at them. This Jarl issue is one of the most painful ones to bear, I mean, come one, you don't even have a choice but to give markarth to the stormcloaks if you want to fulfill your destiny as the dragonborn, and neither sides has convinced me to join them at their petty war... dat thongvor *censored* messin' up mah vibes...

--- Extra, not necessary, but supporting argument ---

Leader relationship eg.

Maven has friends Ey? I spent months on end constantly pursued by assassins and dragons, what can her "friends" possibly do to me where others of a wide array of characteristics have failed? I too have friends also, legendary guilds of assassins, thieves, mages and fighters who'm I can pay and continue to pay more than others with my abundant wealth which I have accumulated by numerous and immersive/vanilla means, and I have mythical beasts, monsters and great heroes for allies too. I will make sure she is never seen to rule as the jarl... or to continue existing if need be. (oh, did I mentioned I lead all these organisations?)

I understand Ulfric's struggle for freedom, but his selfish and cruel ambitions and values disagrees with me, and I won him this war, so I want some specific policies changed. He will not agree? Then I challenge him with the same that he used on the previous high king of skyrim. We all know who would win *cough* slayer of alduin, miraak, harkon, directly blessed, protected and guided by several daedras and aedras, won the favour of all races of skyrim, some even the high elves themselves *cough*

General Tulius has actually a more solid and better plan to resist the thalmor douches in the ultimate of things, and he doesn't really care who are jarls and kings so long as they are in imperial pockets. As I mentioned earlier, I have gold, mountains, and mountains, of wealth proportional to a small nation's that would send chills of envy to the dwarves of erebor and their mountain full of riches whom are in a completely different storyline and universe. I would have either bought them out, or other means covered by my many professions and connections.

So forth, and so forth.

What did we learn? being able to choose jarls is actually a fitting, and what would be an improvement on skyrim's narrative. The rest of what I said, I can merely just picture it on my head, and use it as the in-betweens to my role-play, but I cannot do the same for the jarls, who'm I actually interact with quite frequently. I don't even want completely new jarls, just the existing varieties already offered open to my choosing regardless of what the rigid, plot-holed and limited narrative they gave us for the main course. Of course, if you did either civil war quests, this wont be applicable to you due to npc dialogue limitations, as for me who's pursuing his desired destiny which the game has teased you with being perhaps possible, I could romance the one who can bring this to reality.

Edited by dmastermanga

• 2 months later...

If somebody could skip the season unending quest alogether, that would be a simple bypass so that atleast markarth could be spared, likewise nothing will be changed and the good and bad ones dont come to pass. Does that become high king of skyrim's jarl choosing mechanic run smoothly? So if I appointed an npc that was primed to be a potential jarl in vanilla game, the proper changes in default dialouge and thanes be met? Otherwise, I think the mod's feature is not really enough to compensate for all of its issues.

• 2 months later...

I have searched all over the internet, but haven't found any answers to my question.

Is there a way to change (personally) the Jarls?

Use SetConsoleScopeQuest (SSQ) [Quest]

Quest:

Form ID 000270A4

Editor ID DialogueWhiterun

Pull down the console and click on the actor that you want to be the Jarl:

ssq DialogueWhiteRun (or alternatively type ssq 270a4

ForceRefIntoAlias Jarl

You can then repeat the same process on additional actors:

ForceRefIntoAlias steward
ForceRefIntoAlias housecarl
ForceRefIntoAlias guardcaptain
Edited by Mayhem King