Choose the Jarl in the Holds of Skyrim

Ravenlash

I just tried your method and it didn't work but im not certain that I did it the right way the problem was item ssq not found for parameter quest when I tried to use the SetConsoleScopeQuest ssq 270A4 or the SetConsoleScopeQuest ssq DialogueWiterun and second ForceRefintoAlias jarl was no owner quest on script for parameter QuestAlias

This would be great! I've always had a problem with the civil war questline and I would love to see someone totally rework it. I know this is a hugely ambitious pipedream, but I'd love it if during the Seasons Unending quest you could kick the thalmor out, throw down the dossiers on Ulfric etc that you stole from the thalmor headquarters, and make everyone understand that this fighting only serves the aldmeri. Then they could reconcile, join forces and boot the thalmor out of skyrim! Then (I know, pipedream), the combine forces would go to Hammerfalls aid and liberate the redguards, followed by a combined forces invasion of the summerset isles, ending with the utter defeat of the thalmor and the pc being crowned emperor of the newly reunited Tamriel! After all the septims were dragonborn, and while the pc might not be of the septim bloodline, they could be the start of a new dragonborn bloodline, take the amulet of kings and relight the dragonfires. The pc is the best logical choice, having saved the whole world from Alduin, especially since the DB killed the last emperor. Pipedream

Sry, wasnt trying to hijack and go off on a tangent

Edited by woodtortiose

I just tried your method and it didn't work but im not certain that I did it the right way the problem was item ssq not found for parameter quest when I tried to use the SetConsoleScopeQuest ssq 270A4 or the SetConsoleScopeQuest ssq DialogueWiterun and second ForceRefintoAlias jarl was no owner quest on script for parameter QuestAlias

It definitely works.

Example:

Pull down the console

Click the actor

ssq DialogueFalkreath

ForceRefIntoAlias Housecarl

This would be great! I've always had a problem with the civil war questline and I would love to see someone totally rework it. I know this is a hugely ambitious pipedream, but I'd love it if during the Seasons Unending quest you could kick the thalmor out, throw down the dossiers on Ulfric etc that you stole from the thalmor headquarters, and make everyone understand that this fighting only serves the aldmeri. Then they could reconcile, join forces and boot the thalmor out of skyrim! Then (I know, pipedream), the combine forces would go to Hammerfalls aid and liberate the redguards, followed by a combined forces invasion of the summerset isles, ending with the utter defeat of the thalmor and the pc being crowned emperor of the newly reunited Tamriel! After all the septims were dragonborn, and while the pc might not be of the septim bloodline, they could be the start of a new dragonborn bloodline, take the amulet of kings and relight the dragonfires. The pc is the best logical choice, having saved the whole world from Alduin, especially since the DB killed the last emperor. Pipedream

Sry, wasnt trying to hijack and go off on a tangent

My apologies, but I want to continue off on that tangent. That sounds cool and all, but there is one problem with that. It isn't lore friendly. As I recall, the amulet of kings was destroyed 200 years prior to the rise of the Last Dragonborn, as so was the dragonfires. So no one will ever be able to wear the amulet again, nor will the dragonfires ever be relit. (nor is there ever a need for the dragonfires to be relit.)

However, maybe there can be a quest that sends the Dragonborn to make a pact with the gods to create a new amulet of kings that would be for the new dynasty, and for there to be a new ceremony for the crowning of the emperor. (let me remind you that even if the dragonfires still exist, they would never be need to be lit again).

Edited by OpenWorldAddict

Yeah, you might be right. Honestly its been a few years since I played Oblivion, and I realize that a mod like this might be totally discredited once TES 6 comes out. But truthfully, I lost all interest in things being lore friendly when Bethesda decided to destroy Vvardenfell. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, and when I first played Skyrim and learned that they decided to obliterate it, I literally felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

• 1 year later...

I have searched all over the internet, but haven't found any answers to my question.

Is there a way to change (personally) the Jarls?

Use SetConsoleScopeQuest (SSQ) [Quest]

Quest:

Form ID 000270A4

Editor ID DialogueWhiterun

Pull down the console and click on the actor that you want to be the Jarl:

ssq DialogueWhiteRun (or alternatively type ssq 270a4

ForceRefIntoAlias Jarl

You can then repeat the same process on additional actors:

ForceRefIntoAlias steward
ForceRefIntoAlias housecarl
ForceRefIntoAlias guardcaptain

alright i have used this to change the Jarl,steward, but how can i get become the thane quest from the changed jarl