Gariant

me and a friend were thinking of a mod idea to work with and here it is: a mod that enables the player to clear a bandit camp (or just assassinate the chief) and claim ownership of the bandit clan, basically if you kill everyone off enable some way to recruit more or perhaps let them respawn friendly, and maybe even have one or more follow you as your own personal crew, and eventually be able to have your own bandit empire, maybe even spawn enemy guard attacks semi frequently to test your defenses, basically a bullet-point list of what we wanted... without bullet points because i'm lazy..

- hostile takeover of bandit camps and possibly caves

- ownership of the bandits in that location

- possible follower bandits

- (optional) guard attacks

- (optional) voice acting

- (optional) bandit raids to bring in income for the player or some sort of money generation

- (bonus optional) a chest in breezehome or other player-owned homes where your cut goes (should the above be implemented)

we -really- want this mod or something like it and if anyone could make such a thing (because we don't know how to mod) we would love it, and i'm sure it'd be really popular, thanks for listening- er, reading this

- Roy

• The very initial part would be making them friendly after you've killed everyone/the chief. This much could be done extremely easily. Add all the bandits that spawn there to a unique faction. Then, when they should become friendly, add the player to said faction.
  • Guard attacks could be done by having a quest with about 5 aliases. Each alias is filled with a guard from Whiterun or the nearest city/town/settlement. Those aliases are given an AI package to go to the bandit camp. When they're all dead, stop the quest. When the bandits are all dead, send the guards back from whence they came and stop the quest.
  • Bandit raids could be done by the same type of quest, but the aliases would be set to the bandits, instead, and they wouldn't go to a place, they would follow the player. Whenever any of those bandits kills someone, all valuables are transferred from the victim to the bandit. When the bandits return to the camp, all valuables are transferred to the player. When they return or they're all dead, stop the quest.

Making these things happen automatically without the player could get tricky, so you'd be best off having the player involved in each raid/attack. Likewise, having this work for lots of different bandit camps could be tricky or simple. Either you could do it the tedious way by using the above to make one set of quests+faction+ai packages for each camp, or you could do it the more complex way by making each only once and simply making a manager quest to track and handle everything. I don't have the time to do this right now, but the above is at least one way to go about it should you or someone else who knows how to use the CK like to give it a try.

i like that, also as far as "bandit raids" i mean't something like gold generation over a period of time under the role-playing guise of "bandit raids". i realize i should have made that part more clear, also as far as taking aprt in the raids themselves as quests? that is a wonderful idea, i just wish i knew how to mod to make such a thing...

Good idea, an idea that is seen quite often. What I don't understand that people don't try this themselves. Don't understand it wrong, I don't want to blame you for anything and I know that good tutorials are rare, but if you -really- want something than why not try to do it yourself.

Making a quest

http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/node/102

I can't find another tutorial right now that could help you but this might be a good start

Happy modding ;)

all great suggestions, the only reason i dont try to learn myself is because... well... i dont have time to i'm afraid, i barely have time to game at all, also i put it here -because- i cant, why would you show up here and presume that if i had the time to learn how to do something like modding that i wouldn't have already tried? food for thought

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...