DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

The mod is released!

Only as alpha though, lol.

Here: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/73461/?

3624dbe7-9440-4773-bcd9-c2c02ad5a209_zps

About the mod:

So I was watching these videos about rumors on a new DLC called "Redguard", however not so long after Bethesda announced that they'll no longer make any DLCs for this game, many people were disappointed and so was I.

A couple of months after, I got the bright idea of actually doing what those rumors said the DLC was going to be, a DLC-like mod that takes place in the island of Stros M'kai, with an all new story quest line and many more side and misc quests.

I was going back and forth with this but my friends told me that I shouldn't just quit working on it, I should rather go to here, The Nexus, and approach the people with this and see what'll happen. So this is it, my approach.

So hoping that I'd get enough support, and seeing as this is a fairly medium sized mod I shouldn't need too many people and those who will help wouldn't suffer much from "too much work".

While I know this approach might be bad since English isn't my native language, and I can't put a good and interesting paragraph, but here goes nothing:

List of things to do:

1- The worldspace - 90% done, need to finish up N'gasta's isle and LOD generation.

2- Interiors - Only done 1 interior, the city jail. Will slowly make more as I progress the Main quest.

3- Quests - Starting with main then side then misc.

4-Factions and NPCs - Including the new creatures (Goblins, wolves, Yokudan spirits, Nafaalilargus etc.).  Not focused much on these, expect for the ones that are required for the Main quest.

5- Voice acting - After finishing the main quests at least and fully testing them

6- Polishing

**Currently working on/ Need help with:**

Need help with:

*New custom meshes 

*LOD generation

*Main Quest Scripting

*Interior design

**New Creatures

**New Armor/Weapons

**New minerals/misc stuff

**Voice Acting

*Red stuff are higher priority than **Orange stuff.

The Story:

Spoiler

Screenshots of current progress

Credits (So far):

DJD2010 - Landscape editing and story writing

Ga-Knomboe Boy - Tree meshes and textures used from his modder's resource 

Meo3000 - Tent meshes used from his modder's resource

Tamira - Tree meshes and textures used from his modder's resource

ChickenDownUnder - Harvestables used from his modder's resource

SMK team - City Meshes

Edited by DJD2010, 13 February 2016 - 12:57 PM.

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Anyone?... Bump?

Urwy

Urwy

Forgelord

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Most people aren't too keen on joining project that are still in their infancy. Also, posting progress screenshots, no matter how unrefined, might improve people's willingness to join. Details, details, details. Show people you have a firm grasp of what it takes to complete the project and how you envision the final result.

Ergo: Show people that you have the motivation, knowledge and willpower to see this entire thing through. Don't be discouraged by the lack of reactions. Just keep working on it at a steady pace and simply try again once you've made more progress. :)

I hope this doesnt come off as being a jerk. :blush:

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Most people aren't too keen on joining project that are still in their infancy. Also, posting progress screenshots, no matter how unrefined, might improve people's willingness to join. Details, details, details. Show people you have a firm grasp of what it takes to complete the project and how you envision the final result.

Ergo: Show people that you have the motivation, knowledge and willpower to see this entire thing through. Don't be discouraged by the lack of reactions. Just keep working on it at a steady pace and simply try again once you've made more progress. :smile:

I hope this doesnt come off as being a jerk. :blush:

Not at all, actually, thanks for the reply. I'll keep working on it! :smile:
Hopefully this'll all work out.

riezxplicit

riezxplicit

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I'm an avid redguard player from TESA to Skyrim. The only other race I have played was breton but I stick being a Redguard in any other game. I am looking forward to seeing how this mod turns out.

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

I'm an avid redguard player from TESA to Skyrim. The only other race I have played was breton but I stick being a Redguard in any other game. I am looking forward to seeing how this mod turns out.

I'm trying my best to make it similar to TESA's map, however it has been 2 whole Eras since so I'll have to do many changes to make it modern lore-wise and game engine-wise.

Also, I'll be posting new screenshots within the next week, I currently have exams so I wasn't able to work in it much since I posted this topic.

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

So I finally got a week off school and got the time to work more on this... :smile:

Here is some progress:

Spoiler

More to come soon. :)

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
I'm sorry everyone...
I've done some work today on the island up to Saintsport region. However I wasn't able to test it in-game yet because... Well... I got neck spasm and it'll last for a few days unfortunately ...
Again, so sorry...

Hope y'all understand.
Thanks.

DJD2010

DJD2010

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Too much posts in a row? I'm sorry, but I have to update. If I'm doing this wrong please notify me.

A little something to show current progress, sorry if the quality is crap, did the best I can. 

OliverWBR

OliverWBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

For the buildings I would consider looking at Northern African/Greek/Mediterrean (turkish) architecture

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim mod project, dlc-like, redguard, new worldspace, stros mkai

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.953 seconds