mod that lets you explore tamriel

xXDoublexAceXx

yeah, it is a good one.

In fact, it's made by a former lead from beyond skyrim (specifically for the morrowind province project) :smile:

EDIT: Forgot to write this but, the person who made the heightmap linked and the map used for beyond skyrim is different.

This map was made after the author of the (linked) map left the project.

But he still hangs out in the forums, nice guy :D

Glad that it is a good one.

I sort of thought the author might still be around since the last update was October of this year, I just wasn't sure exactly how good it was since I know very little about heightmaps, and the skyrim CK still scares me a bit.

I have always wanted a HUGE game where you could explore multiple regions (sort of like the gothic series, especially 2 and 3 where you had large areas of different type terrains instead of how most other games handle it: Oh look a desert, blinks, where did all this snow come from?) and I love the elder scrolls series.

Anyway I can help make my dream come true of exploring all the provinces and meeting new and interesting people and 'finding' new stuff I will try to do :)

yeah, it is a good one.

In fact, it's made by a former lead from beyond skyrim (specifically for the morrowind province project) :smile:

EDIT: Forgot to write this but, the person who made the heightmap linked and the map used for beyond skyrim is different.

This map was made after the author of the (linked) map left the project.

But he still hangs out in the forums, nice guy :D

Glad that it is a good one.

I sort of thought the author might still be around since the last update was October of this year, I just wasn't sure exactly how good it was since I know very little about heightmaps, and the skyrim CK still scares me a bit.

I have always wanted a HUGE game where you could explore multiple regions (sort of like the gothic series, especially 2 and 3 where you had large areas of different type terrains instead of how most other games handle it: Oh look a desert, blinks, where did all this snow come from?) and I love the elder scrolls series.

Anyway I can help make my dream come true of exploring all the provinces and meeting new and interesting people and 'finding' new stuff I will try to do :smile:

Maybe you can check out the forum where beyond skyrim is hosted, darkcreations(dot)org :)

there are some neat screens and active discussions regarding the development there.