Setting oil slicks on fire with torches

Rubicon83

I didn't try "bashing" with the torch. Not exactly sure how to bash, those always happened by accident. You can certainly try if you wish.

coc warehousetraps

then jump down to the lower floor, the oil trap is in the room across from the ledge you jumped from.

Bash by holding block and then attacking normally... I think... I don't even know for sure, I always play mages lol.

Correct, shield-bashing is when you press the attack-button while blocking with a shield. It disorients your opponent for a few seconds.

Renn .. how is it going? ^^ any progress? :)

I didn't try "bashing" with the torch. Not exactly sure how to bash, those always happened by accident. You can certainly try if you wish.

coc warehousetraps

then jump down to the lower floor, the oil trap is in the room across from the ledge you jumped from.

Torches block when swung, but as stated above, when you press attack WHILE blocking with the torch, you "shield-bash" with it. :)

Bash by holding block and then attacking normally... I think... I don't even know for sure, I always play mages lol.

Correct, shield-bashing is when you press the attack-button while blocking with a shield. It disorients your opponent for a few seconds.

Renn .. how is it going? ^^ any progress? :smile:

I made the oil pools ignite when you drop a torch on them by doing what IsharaMeradin said, but I can't seem to do anything else. For some reason, a torch bash simply doesn't seem to trigger additional spell effects that I put on it. :/

Renn .. how is it going? ^^ any progress? :smile:

I made the oil pools ignite when you drop a torch on them by doing what IsharaMeradin said, but I can't seem to do anything else. For some reason, a torch bash simply doesn't seem to trigger additional spell effects that I put on it. :/

Oh, i see .. :( so.. its a lost cause, then?

I managed to turn the torch into dual wielded weapons (sounded like an ancient nord sword tho). Unfortunately, no amount of hitting could get the oil to light. I even tried attaching effects to the torch weapon, no go.

But when set up as a weapon, the flame stayed on when dropped (but it also stayed on when sheathed). At least having the torch as a weapon would allow you to realistically drop it into the oil. Or drop it at a safe distance and use telekinesis to put it in the oil. :P

I managed to turn the torch into dual wielded weapons (sounded like an ancient nord sword tho). Unfortunately, no amount of hitting could get the oil to light. I even tried attaching effects to the torch weapon, no go.

But when set up as a weapon, the flame stayed on when dropped (but it also stayed on when sheathed). At least having the torch as a weapon would allow you to realistically drop it into the oil. Or drop it at a safe distance and use telekinesis to put it in the oil. :tongue:

I see :O .. but i guess unequipping the torch is more realistic than sheathing it in the first place. ^^ So as for realism, that doesn't sound too bad actually. :smile:

Is this something we can use? Put out on the nexus? :)

Understand that i would be very happy if you did. ^^

Edited by Rubicon83

But when set up as a weapon, the flame stayed on when dropped (but it also stayed on when sheathed). At least having the torch as a weapon would allow you to realistically drop it into the oil. Or drop it at a safe distance and use telekinesis to put it in the oil. :tongue:

I see :O .. but i guess unequipping the torch is more realistic than sheathing it in the first place. ^^ So as for realism, that doesn't sound too bad actually. :smile:

Is this something we can use? Put out on the nexus? :smile:

Probably not safely... I am no expert when it comes to meshes. I have no idea what all should really be modified to switch it from light mesh to weapon mesh. It worked but I have no idea about long term stability. There would also need to be scripting involved to swap the light torch for the weapon torch. Not to mention that when the fire damage effect was applied, it did not do any fire damage to a test bandit that was consoled in.

Is this something we can use? Put out on the nexus? :smile:

Probably not safely... I am no expert when it comes to meshes. I have no idea what all should really be modified to switch it from light mesh to weapon mesh. It worked but I have no idea about long term stability. There would also need to be scripting involved to swap the light torch for the weapon torch. Not to mention that when the fire damage effect was applied, it did not do any fire damage to a test bandit that was consoled in.

You mean a bandit walked safely through the flames? :O well... that just takes the reason for lighting oil slicks away in the first place. :(