Armor scaling issue - Any ideas?

GingerArcher

Hey guys!

I've got a strange glitch happening, and was wondering if any of the more experienced armor modders have seen it before, or might know what's causing it.

I've got a set of custom armor I've been building in Blender for a mod, and it's almost finished. Everything is working great in game, except for this one little glitch.

I built the armor on the size_0 body, then imported the size_1 and scaled all the armor components up to match. No verts were added or removed, only scaled/moved to fit on the larger body. I wanted to test the weight slider on the armor to make sure it was working correctly, and found this issue.

At size 0, (the minimum on the slider), the armor looks perfect. It also looks perfect at size 1 (maximum). The problem is in between. The armor on the biceps and the pauldrons seem to compress, twist, and flip inside-out when the weight slider is anywhere in between the two extremes. At the mid-point, it looks like he's wearing scrambled eggs on his shoulders. :ermm: The rest of the armor scales up perfectly across the slider though, so it's just this one mesh.

Anybody know what would be causing this? Thanks!

Welp, scratch that. Apparently Blender had some sort of glitch during export.

Re-exporting the size 1 armor made the problem go away. Everything's scaling correctly now with no glitches. :cool:

So I guess just as a heads-up to anyone who does armor in Blender, if you run into a strange mesh-mangling during scaling, just do a re-export.