The punished *possible spoilers*

ImNotCrazy44

"The Punished" containers are like goodie bags in the Oblivion plane. The higher your level gets, the better the loot from them, particularly the one just in front of the sigil stone. it usually has a decent enchanted item, several hundred gold and various other potions/scrolls/ingredients. I don't imagine there's really any backstory behind them other than something in Oblivion was punished and forever cursed to a life of holding things that make me richer.

Personally i think that who/whatever was punished had that loot on them and thet their punishment is that their bodies are turned into a fleshy sack.The loot inside must have miraculously survived the punishment of it's former user.

And as for being gross,well the daedra aren't technically neat and tidy,so it doesn't really surprise me.

I personally think the fact that they're gross is awesome lol. Little details like that make the oblivion world so much cooler that it would be with out them. They're just surrounded by mistery and lack of explanation which is cool, but part of me wishes there was an in game book on them alone lol.

• 10 years later...