Revolver cylinder animation/node?

Nyvertx

I'm trying to make a custom the Ranger Sequoia, but I'm running into problems with animations, as usual.

What I did first was I imported the vanilla Ranger Sequoia to Blender, shortened the barrel, and moved the frame/barrel down a bit, leaving the handle, trigger, cylinder, hammer, and bullets in their natural positions. I highlighted everything and exported it.

I then loaded my custom Sequoia and the vanilla Ranger Sequoia in two Nifskopes, copying the custom Sequoia's nitristrips and pasting them over the vanliia Ranger Sequoia's nitristrips. I changed the "translation" values of the projectile and sighting nodes to line up with the new frame/barrel position.

Now the only things out of place were the hammer, cylinder, and bullets, which were clipping through the top of the frame, since they remained in their natural positions.

So I changed the "translation" values of the cylinder and hammer nodes to line up with the new frame position, and it all lined up and looked great.

I updated all tangent spaces, and saved my custom Sequoia.

I used GECK to put it in the game, and it functions perfectly, except for one issue:

Whenever I equip it, it looks perfect, but as soon as I fire one shot, the hammer and cylinder return to their natural positions, clipping through the top of the frame. They stay this way until I unequip and re-equip the gun, then go back to clipping through the top of the frame after I fire it again.

I'm assuming that I only changed the position of the hammer and cylinder nodes in their resting state, and that they move back to their natural positions when the hammer moves and cylinder rotates during the firing animation.

Everything I did here was actually a semi-solution to a previous problem I had, when I lined everything up in Blender before exporting it, then copied all the nitristrips with nifskope, and again the gun would look great in-game, but whenever I'd fire it, the cylinder would briefly jump to the right on every shot, and wouldn't swing all the way out during reloads.

I apologize if this is a stupid question. If there's an FAQ that covers this, please post the link and I'll delete this topic.