Dual Sheath Redux: No left sword on back

arborist1212

When using DSR, my left hand sword wont show up on my back. My character makes the animation as if sheathing dual swords on his back, but my left handed weapon (and only left handed) disappears when it should appear on my back. The right handed weapon shows up on my back just fine.

I use immersive weapons, but no matter what sword i put in my right or left hand, the left never shows up on my back, immersive or vanilla.

I also use better shaped weapons, maybe that has something to do with it? Although i doubt it considering it wouldn't affect any weapons from immersive weapons, the mod that my two main swords come from.

I downloaded and installed XPMS and Immersive Animations before DSR,

I have selected only ONE sword animation from IA.

I have SkyUI and SKSE

I successfully ran the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar with no issues

PLEASE shed some light on the situation if you can. I've spent hours trying to figure this out on my own but I just don't have a deep enough understanding of these sorts of things and i'm tired of pulling my hair out over it.

I also use better shaped weapons, maybe that has something to do with it?

I guess it has. On the BSW site, you can find extra meshes for Dual Sheath Redux. You have to download them and install them over the DSR ones, just replace them. Should work.

Ah yes, and you need the meshes for immersive weapons too. Look at the DSR File Section or the Immersive Weapon File Section to get them.

Hope this helps.

I also use better shaped weapons, maybe that has something to do with it?

I guess it has. On the BSW site, you can find extra meshes for Dual Sheath Redux. You have to download them and install them over the DSR ones, just replace them. Should work.

Ah yes, and you need the meshes for immersive weapons too. Look at the DSR File Section or the Immersive Weapon File Section to get them.

Hope this helps.

Nope, same problem.

I've also just noticed that when my character attempts to sheath the left sword on his back, it appears in his hand BACKWARDS

• 3 months later...

Same problem. Here is how I fixed it for anyone in the future:

It turned out to be a certain "devious" mod from a certain other site that I won't mention here, that competed for the biped 60 slot. I will include everything I did below in case anyone is having trouble, I basically troubleshooted -everything- before figuring it out, which makes me feel silly.

If you want to check if you have an invisible item equipped to slot 60, go in game and do player.showinventory. If you are just starting out, you'll see prisoner clothes/shoes with the suffix - Worn, but in my case there was a third, unlisted item with a code that led me to the conflicting mod. I then did player.removeallitems and from that point on dual sheath worked.

----

Moved Skyrim out of program files directory.

Ran TakeOwnership

Made sure Skyrim folder is writable permissions

Made sure javaw runs as administrator

Tried different versions of java, all 32 bit, all above what he lists as required

Using updated SKSE, alpha 1.7

Using newest FNIS, even though that should only affect animations, I run it every time

Always test on a new save

Try both generating various weapons via console or finding them out in the world

I'm testing with vanilla swords, Dual Sheath comes with the meshes for that by default

Installed both by NMM and manual installation to make sure everything is going where it's supposed to

Dual Sheath is the last patch in my load order

Dual Sheath patches fine, I tried both SUM and the Dual Sheath patcher, I even tried the SUM merge option.

I have used several different XPMS skeletons, including the one recommended AND another one that I know works. The left hand weapon just isn't there, it's not floating at the feet or somewhere else indicating a bad skeleton, it just doesn't appear at all.

I'm not in combat. Requiem doesn't allow armor equipping in combat by default, when I go to sheath while in combat it says "cannot equip armor right now" or something similar. I turn this option off or try it when not in combat, but at least I know dual sheath IS equipping the left hand mesh, or at least trying to. Just nothing appears.

----------

Hope that helps!

Edited by Drackk

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out to be a certain "devious" mod from a certain other site that I won't mention here, that competed for the biped 60 slot. I will include everything I did below in case anyone is having trouble, I basically troubleshooted -everything- before figuring it out, which makes me feel silly.

If you want to check if you have an invisible item equipped to slot 60, go in game and do player.showinventory. If you are just starting out, you'll see prisoner clothes/shoes with the suffix - Worn, but in my case there was a third, unlisted item with a code that led me to the conflicting mod. I then did player.removeallitems and from that point on dual sheath worked.

----

Ran TakeOwnership

Tried different versions of java, all 32 bit, all above what he lists as required

Using newest FNIS, even though that should only affect animations, I run it every time

Try both generating various weapons via console or finding them out in the world

I'm testing with vanilla swords, Dual Sheath comes with the meshes for that by default

Installed both by NMM and manual installation to make sure everything is going where it's supposed to

Dual Sheath patches fine, I tried both SUM and the Dual Sheath patcher, I even tried the SUM merge option.

I have used several different XPMS skeletons, including the one recommended AND another one that I know works. The left hand weapon just isn't there, it's not floating at the feet or somewhere else indicating a bad skeleton, it just doesn't appear at all.

I'm not in combat. Requiem doesn't allow armor equipping in combat by default, when I go to sheath while in combat it says "cannot equip armor right now" or something similar. I turn this option off or try it when not in combat, but at least I know dual sheath IS equipping the left hand mesh, or at least trying to. Just nothing appears.

----------

Hope that helps!

This was driving me nuts. You solved the riddle! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

----

Ran TakeOwnership

----------

Hope that helps!

does using this fix then destroy the other mod "devious mod" capability of running correctly? i have the same problem and if i gotta give up one or the other well bye bye devious. thanks for posting this i spent the last day tryin a bunch of stuff to make it work

Don't know exactly what "devious" mod you're talking about, but in general: If two mods use the same biped-slot/location/weapon/whatever you can be sure that one of those two won't work properly. How great the impact on this mod is depends on the importance of the overwritten function.

• 1 month later...

----

Ran TakeOwnership

----------

Hope that helps!

Let me love you. Or at least hug you. I was about to give up on the whole sodding thing when I came across your post, and blimey if it wasn't just in time after scrolling my way through DSR topics all on the same issue with Skyproc patching. Never could have imagined that particular mod/modset would cause compatibility problems.

Fixed the problem for me!

Edited by dragonflights3