HELP! Can't talk to followers!

wuruochong

Ive just recently ran into this problem, except reloading at a previous save does nothing. I can talk to Valdimar once, and then I lose the ability to interact him. Resetting him through ATF doesn't work, disabling then enabling him in console works, but doesn't fix the issue. I can go back several hours into my game and it's the same deal, like he's been ruined retroactively. I'm very upset as I've had him for nearly my entire play through and had built him up with tons of great gear and a great rp angle. The only upside is that I can get all my gear back.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the problem on my game it may or may not be what you others are experiencing but the mod causing the issue for me was "Animations" it has a debug for objects including followers that get blocked, but it didn't work for me so I uninstalled and the problems immediately ceased, but note is does not unblock the bugged objects and npcs it will just stop happening.

I found a fix though for npcs that were affected, I haven't had a problem yet but save before you do this as it could cause buggy behaviour especially in npcs with more complex ai packages, but it allows you to talk to them again...

I will use Lydia as an example

1 get the npcs name Lydia

2 open the console type in help Lydia

3 search for the id that appears NPC_ 000a2c8e

4 type in player.placeatme 000a2c8e (this makes a duplicate of the npc and allows you to talk to them)

5 click on the original Lydia and type disable

I have done this on Ria, Tolfdir an Interesting npc, and Lydia

The first three went about their everyday life without problems, Lydia is my steward and her steward dialogue was still there and she followed me without hassle but I had to reset her home to Lakeview Manor with My Home is Your Home as she went back to Dragonsreach even though she was my steward.

Remember to save before you do this just incase your npc is lost to oblivion.

Hope this helps

I can confirm that this fix worked for me with Valdimar. What was interesting was that my broken Vald had a different code than the stock one. I used the placeatme code and it spawned a new stock Valdimar who is now serving as my ward. The old Vald was still chilling out at my place, unable to be talked to so I disabled him like above and everything seems to be working well for now.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're using the mod Animations that's the problem and also the solution. Go to the MCM menu for animations and select the emergency button in the settings menu, you'll get 3 options, set the unblock button to enabled, exit the MCM menu and go up to the blocked npc, you should get a message and then the option to unblock them, choose this, repeat for any other blocked npc's, then re-enter the MCM manu and disable unblock and disable the emergencey button, exit and hopefully the npc's are responsive again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I do not know if this problem is already gone, but thought to share some information.

If you are experiencing this bug, check if you are using Jaxonz Renamer-mod. I did, and had renamed all my followers. If you are using it, go to MCM-menu and click "undo all changes" button; your followers names will be changed back to original, and you are able to talk to them again.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@andyg65

Thanks dude ! it finally works for me !

one of my followers (Erandur) was blocked and i couldn't interact on him with any way, like,no openning dialogue function,

even after his death i couldn't take a look into his corpse's. until i did exactly what you said.

I was using "Animations" mod on skyrim and thats propobly blocked my NPC

Solved! Big Thumb yp

Edited by michcio3