Would appreciate help on Summons/Soultrap/Pay NPC to cast spells.

Shadowfireomega

Since I cannot find out how to set respawn timers for a single cell, I have come to a work around for a killing room I wish to make, I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if the following things are possible:

1. Make a (specific) summon able to be soul trapped, and be summoned aggressive towards the dragonborn.

2. Have an NPC cast said spell for you at a certain charge (alternative to that would be to sell scrolls).

Any insight would be awesome, and thanks in advance to any who would like to help.

The Dragonborn DLC has at least one summonable monster that is automatically hostile to the player unless the player has a specific item in inventory (which is consumed on spell cast). You might want to check out how they did that to see how to summon something that is hostile to the player.

As for the rest, not sure. Tho if you end up just selling scrolls, there are plenty of NPC merchant tutorials out there.

Thanks for the hostile monster info! I already know how to do merchants, selling scrolls would be the last resort, as I would not want someone to be able to summon a mammoth in a dungeon or city, only in the designated areas inside the "kill rooms". There is this one mod that allows soul trapping of all summoned creatures, but however much I liked that in morrowind and oblivion, with the new system for leveling implemented in skyrim I understand why that was taken out. I want more of a "pay for monsters" thing where you can trap their souls.

The biggest thing I need to figure out is how to remove the check the game does for summoned creatures for only specific spells.

I did find something in the 'SoulTrapFFActor' spell effect (the one the spell soultrap says it uses) and it was a check for a keyword, the keyword being "NoSoulTrap" which checked the subject of the effect, which I assumed it ment that the summoned creatures would have to have that keyword in order to resist the soul trap, however upon removing that check, I still could not cast soul trap on my summons. Does anyone know what the entries in the "Target Conditions" in spell effects work off of?

Edit: Found out that it was not the 'Has Keyword: NoSoulTrap' that was impeeding my attempts, but the 'IsCommandedActor' function, so I am probably going to remove that and add the NoSoulTrap keyword to all the other summonable stuff.

Edit2: Instead of adding nosoultrap to all other summons, I made a new version of soul trap that I took out the 'IsCommandedActor' condition out and added instead my own keyword and set the value to 1, so that it will only work if the keyword is present, and that keyword will only be present on the summoned creatures from my mod.

Edit3: Figured out how to make a spell only castable in my area (using location keywords), so I am going to use the scroll meathod.

Edit4: Found the Unbound Dremora spell, however it is run off of a script so I am just going to settle for peaceful summons for now.

Edited by Shadowfireomega