Sneak Detection HUD Element RQ

tehman113

So I tried the new Thief game, and it got me in the mood to make a thief/assassin playthrough of Skyrim. There are a lot of great sneak improvement mods out there, but there is one thing I haven't seen anyone fix: the visibility HUD element. I find it very un-immersive, and I would like it to show how visible I am, rather than how detected I am.

Since I'm probably already aware of if I am detected, I find it pretty unhelpful, and it would be much more useful if it showed my illumination levels, like in Thief and Splinter Cell. I also want the icon changed to something more immersive, I'm thinking of some sort of vignette that gets more intense the less visible you are.

Here's what I have in mind:

http://i.imgur.com/H8m8dir.jpg^Oh wow, that turned out a bit darker than I had anticipated, a bit more transparent vignette would be better.

If anyone can link a mod for this, or make one even, I would be immensely grateful!

I would make it myself, but I have no idea where to start, so if I anyone experienced could at least teach me the basics, that'd be good as well.

P.S. Is there a mod that makes the enemy more dependent on light? I.E. if I run off in the shadows, they would be a bit less aware of my current hiding position, and would not sprint immediately in to my new, undetectable hiding spot, and proceed to kill me, but instead look around a bit before seeing me?

P.P.S. I am not a native english speaker, so please bear that in mind if I made any grammatical, spelling, or strange sentence structures errors.

Edited by tehman113